Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: Originality of in Game Criticisms

Apr 17, 2013
I say "jerk" a lot...but I will call the noobs noobs (looks at Pilgrim and laughs)

My language is usually T or E rated; I just don't curse. But I do need something to call the guy kill-stealing or who steals my hawk...
Message 21 of 29 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 17, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

So; is there anything else people hear during online play, that is played out, and often misused?

every racial and sexist slur.

hahaha i was gonna say the same thing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 22 of 29 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 18, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

I call people out online when they are being an idiot. On Battlefield3, I like to win. I enjoy my W/L ratio...so when half my team is jumping around the primary base blowing up the vehicles, I get a little irate.

Note to self:

Jump around in base blowing up vehicles if playing with Setzaroth.

jimClaughLOL.gif

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 23 of 29 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Well I think they took noob out of context and now use it as an insult, than what it was originally intended for, which was what you called a fresh, new player. A new piece of meat, like a freshman at a highschool, you get bullied some, and they gang up on you, sure, but you should eventually earn their respect, and lose the noob nickname. After a certain point, noob goes, and your just classified as a bad player or a good player, like Kaz put it, noob is such a dumb word anyway, and it sounds dumb when people say it...just makes my skin crawl, its just so...NERDY. But that is what I think noob should be intended for.

Now its called to whoever just for doing things like camping and what not, doesn't even matter if your the highest level on the whole server, or have been playing longer than anyone else. They even call you a noob for simply being better than them, and it can get pretty annoying.

Camping, for example, is supposed to happen in an online game, campers make the game challenging, but when EVERYONE is doing it, it can get annoying. If the devs didn't intend on camping on their game, they wouldn't have given you the choice to use a sniper rifle, because you sure as hell aren't supposed to originally use a sniper rifle for close range combat..

But...anyway, everyone pretty much mentions what I hear, so I usually just mute all my games anyway, i'm there to play the game and level up, not listen to a bunch of dudes giggle about stupid jokes, it's distracting. I won't even get a mic because I don't want to annoy others who just want to enjoy the game. Now if its a private lobby with you and just your friends, then it's different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 24 of 29 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I still get a kick out of someone who jumps around the game like a bunny, calling me anything, when they kill me.  Especially since the only time I use the jump is to jump up on something, over something, or off of something.

I suppose that could be another Thread, in and of itself, but I will refrain.  Who out there, is one of those idiots who leaps through a round, trying not to get shot?

Moble

Message 25 of 29 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Apr 18, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I still get a kick out of someone who jumps around the game like a bunny, calling me anything, when they kill me.  Especially since the only time I use the jump is to jump up on something, over something, or off of something.

I suppose that could be another Thread, in and of itself, but I will refrain.  Who out there, is one of those idiots who leaps through a round, trying not to get shot?

Moble

Me, its one of those "Natural Instinct" things "Oh no, I'm getting shot at! *Hop Hop Hop*"

It would probably be better to run, but I've gotten so used to hopping.

Message 26 of 29 (57 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 18, 2013

In CoD, people will call you a camper when you kill them even if the kill cam shows you sprinting around for a good few seconds before dropping them. Now if you're crouched somewhere ADS for 2 minutes waiting and hoping that someone will come around the corner, then you are camping.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 27 of 29 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5940 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Spamming, particularly in fighting games. Zoning is often misconstrued as such.
Message 28 of 29 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 18, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
I say "jerk" a lot...but I will call the noobs noobs (looks at Pilgrim and laughs)

My language is usually T or E rated; I just don't curse. But I do need something to call the guy kill-stealing or who steals my hawk...

You call me both a jerk and a noob though (ok more like a torpedo/cluster/hawk weapon landing pad) Smiley Tongue

I've heard you swear maybe 3 times, in game, in our 3 or 4 years of gaming together...i think every time I laughed because it is so atypical of you to do

Message 29 of 29 (39 Views)