Highlighted
Apr 15 2013
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts

Originality of in Game Criticisms

28 replies 107 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

I like to dabble a little in online game play.  I am not, by any means, excellent at the games I play.  I am proficient at best.

This being said, I always get a chuckle out of the expression/name calling of "noob".  Seriously, is this the best people can come up with?

You get killed five times in a row, "noob"

You slaughter 10 people in a row with a tank, "noob"

You use an RPG most of the round, "noob"

You are recon, sitting on a hill, providing support from afar (as it is intended), clean house as a result, "noob"

Seriously!  People have to get some new lines.

So; is there anything else people hear during online play, that is played out, and often misused?

Moble

Message 1 of 29 (107 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Re: Originality of in Game Criticisms

Apr 15, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

So; is there anything else people hear during online play, that is played out, and often misused?

every racial and sexist slur.

Message 2 of 29 (102 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 15, 2013
The stupidity in people is so high these days... i guess you just have to deal with it, they may be better than you in games but you're better than them in life.
Message 3 of 29 (101 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Yes, I have no tolerance for that.  I especially hate when I hear slurs coming from people who "sound" as if they may be classified as fitting within the target of such a slur.  I think you get what I mean by that.

I laugh, when I get called a "noob", and typically give them an "Ok Virgin".Smiley LOL  Mostly I just ignore them though.

Just wondering what else anyone thinks is played out, in the lack of originality.Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 4 of 29 (99 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

renatabls wrote:
The stupidity in people is so high these days... i guess you just have to deal with it, they may be better than you in games but you're better than them in life.

Very true.  I like that philosophy the best, and agree.

Moble

Message 5 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I call people out online when they are being an idiot. On Battlefield3, I like to win. I enjoy my W/L ratio...so when half my team is jumping around the primary base blowing up the vehicles, I get a little irate.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 29 (96 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 15, 2013
There is really no Noob or Pro in videogames, just bad player and good player, however, it's all about the fun you get, not the random comment you get from your team online
Message 7 of 29 (93 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I call people out online when they are being an idiot. On Battlefield3, I like to win. I enjoy my W/L ratio...so when half my team is jumping around the primary base blowing up the vehicles, I get a little irate.

Oh, I feel you on that one.  Like I said, I am not great at it, but at least I understand tactics and strategy.

There is nothing worse than jumping into a server to find yourself surrounded by 25 John Rambos.  After three rounds of getting my but kicked, because of a team that does not get it, I move on.

I will get on some people, but it is usually constructive, such as "Move up the hill, and flank them".  I also hate when I am making an effort, and all I here is my name being yelled for an entire round, while there are others who, by the score, are doing far worse than I.

I do further this by saying, if you are recon, use that sniper rifle to provide support.  No one should be Lone Wolf McQuad.  If you are support, bust out some medic packs where they are needed.  Play in the class you choose, as they would be used in a real battle.  That is all I ask.  You will never here me say "noob" though.

Moble

Message 8 of 29 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

BigBrotherKaz wrote:
There is really no Noob or Pro in videogames, just bad player and good player, however, it's all about the fun you get, not the random comment you get from your team online

For the most part, that is all I want.  To play and have fun.  I think some of the Colonel 42s take it a little too seriously.  As well, if they take it that serious, then they should rent a server, or play in a server with mostly people of the same level.

I don;t hear them complaining too much when they end a round against a field of Sergeants, with 40+ Kills.Smiley Frustrated

As I have said, I mostly ignore them, but that "noob" one still makes me laugh.

Moble

Message 9 of 29 (89 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Apr 15, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Yes, I have no tolerance for that.  I especially hate when I hear slurs coming from people who "sound" as if they may be classified as fitting within the target of such a slur.  I think you get what I mean by that.

Moble

i really hate when the person saying said racial slur sounds to be of a different race than the slur is targeted at AND the person sounds like they are 12.

this world, what has happened to it? and just to think that in 40 years these will be the people who are in charge. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 29 (83 Views)