First Son
7 posts

Re: Only one thing is certain in the midst of this console war

Jun 25, 2013
Just bought a new ps3 god of war edition and I'm not at all impressed. I have another original version ps3 with the touch buttons and disc inserts into the front and power ejects. This new one with the slide top loading disc and cheeseball physical power and eject buttons just seems cheap. I like the original one much better. Now to the problem, I have it connected via hdmi and most of the time when I put in a bluray movie it will change the resolution multiple times and sit ona screen with white static for a while before it comes back, my old one never did this. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Also they both spin the disc so fast they vibrate and sound like someone is revving their engine outside the house. Is there anything I could put under them to eliminate this without causing it to overheat? I have one in my house on a glass entertainment stand and the other in my camper in the entertainment center. Anyone else have that problem? Is very loud and annoying. I have awesome surround sound in my house but you can still hear it during the quieter scenes. Needs bigger rubber feet or something to absorb the vibration, they must spin at 4 million rpm, lol!
Message 11 of 18 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 25, 2013

SultanGris1 wrote:
  • Just bought a new ps3 god of war edition and I'm not at all impressed. ...
  • I have it connected via hdmi and most of the time when I put in a bluray movie it will change the resolution multiple times and sit ona screen with white static for a while before it comes back, my old one never did this....
  • Needs bigger rubber feet or something to absorb the vibration...

This has nothing to do with the thread at all.  Just sayin'.  But, since I am nice:

• Most of us aren't fans of the current super slim, from what I can gather.  It's not just you. 
  • The resolution change could have as much to do with your TV as it does your system.  Check the settings on both.
  • You can get replacement/augmented rubber feet or something similar at any hardware store.

MEANWHILE, back on topic...

The only people that I give a crap which console they buy are the people that I care about.  Even then, unless we play together on a regular basis, it doesn't really matter.  

That said, to use that idea to justify squashing intelligent debate is just silly.  There really are some people that may need to hear variying opinions to make a decision.  What we should be squashing is the rampant "I'm right, and you're wrong," mentality that seems so prevalent in an environment such as this.  That's how you bring about change.  

Grindhead_Jim

Message 12 of 18 (111 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Yea sorry for the off topic, I was looking for an answer quick. This thread was active at the time and no one was looking at mine. Thanks for the reply.
Message 13 of 18 (102 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 25, 2013
The thing is, intelligent debate is hard to come by on here. Especially since we don't know everything about either console.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 18 (87 Views)
MVP Support
14101 posts

Jun 25, 2013

xNeurosiis wrote:
The thing is, intelligent debate is hard to come by on here. Especially since we don't know everything about either console.

Yea it seems that way at times Smiley Sad. We only know so much about either console. So far the PS4 seems more promising, but we can never know until all of the data about both of them is laid out there.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 15 of 18 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4975 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Message 16 of 18 (82 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Ps4 all the way honestly there's no reason to buy an Xbox 1 at this point. No compatibility no used games only one person online no more guests they are literally skewering them selves over and GameStop came out with a post a 95%. Of all the people they asked are buying a play station 4
Message 17 of 18 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jun 25, 2013

UR-FAV-BLCK-KID wrote:
Ps4 all the way honestly there's no reason to buy an Xbox 1 at this point. No compatibility no used games only one person online no more guests they are literally skewering them selves over and GameStop came out with a post a 95%. Of all the people they asked are buying a play station 4

If you haven't kept up on MS UR-FAV-BLCK-KID, they did a 180 on their online and DRM policies. The X1 will play used games but out of spite they removed the family share and cloud storage for your disc games. I am a huge fan of Playstation, been here since the first one. I have pre-ordered the PS4 and I will get the X1 once it comes out with a bigger hdd. That is really my main concern with that console, the dinky hdd. Yes I know the PS4 has a small one too, but at least I can put a bigger one in it. I do like some exlusives and I will buy a console for a single IP. I am hoping a new GOW comes out as that is pretty much my favorite exclusive to xbox and pretty much the reason I own a 360.

Message 18 of 18 (55 Views)
0 Likes