Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Re: One more Half-Life question.

Dec 4, 2006

Jak-Dax wrote:
1. Half Life
2. Half Life 2
3. Half Life 2: Episode 1
4: Halif life 2: Episode 2 (not out yet)
5. Half Life 3: Episode 3 (not out yet)
OK, thanks. Is there a pack that has just those that you know of?

What does Counter Strike have to do with Half-Life?

Counter-Strike was a mod from Half life and it is a first person shooter, it has nothing to do with the storyline of Half-Life but it is a fun game. Just get the complete pack for everything they have so far.
Message 31 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

Jak-Dax wrote:

aznsniper911 wrote:

Jak-Dax wrote:
Yeah, I'm just going to buy the ones that the Nintendo guy recommended. UC told me about this one $80 pack that has all of them and I was wondering if he had the link to it.

You need something call steam, then get the Valve complete pack for 80. The Half-Life universe is quite interesting because it makes you ask more question about it then there are answered.

OK, out of all those, could you tell me which ones to play first to last?

Just play the Half-Life ones first so not the other ones like Blue shift which takes place in another perspective but same time area
so in order
1. Half Life
2. Half Life 2

^Yup.

If you ever get bored of what you have, Half-Life 2 has sooooo many mods. Smod and Gmod are both excellent. They're both also free, unless you get Gmod 10, in which case it's ten bucks.

Is there gonna be an Episode Three? Episode 2 seems like it would make a good final conclusion.

Yeah there is going to be an episode three and some people dubing these Half life 2 episodes as HL3
Message 32 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Jak-Dax wrote:
1. Half Life
2. Half Life 2

Message Edited by Jak-Dax on 12-03-2006 07:01 PM

Look at either the Source Premier Pack or the Valve Complete Pack, but I'm not entirely sure that includes it all.

EP2 and EP3, obviously, are not for sale yet, and not available in any pack. They will come out on the PS3 and 360 early-mid next year, in addition to the PC versions.

Counter-Strike: Source (not to be confused with the standard Counter-Strike 1.6) is just about the best online shooter ever made, next to Battlefield 2. The Source engine powers both it and the Half-Life series, with the exception of Blue-Shift and Half-Life 1. However, there's a version of Half-Life 1 that runs on the Source engine, called Half-Life: Source. IMO, it's better than the standard Half-Life without Source.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 33 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Jak-Dax wrote:
1. Half Life
2. Half Life 2

Message Edited by Jak-Dax on 12-03-2006 07:01 PM

Look at either the Source Premier Pack or the Valve Complete Pack, but I'm not entirely sure that includes it all.

EP2 and EP3, obviously, are not for sale yet, and not available in any pack. They will come out on the PS3 and 360 early-mid next year, in addition to the PC versions.

Counter-Strike: Source (not to be confused with the standard Counter-Strike 1.6) is just about the best online shooter ever made, next to Battlefield 2. The Source engine powers both it and the Half-Life series, with the exception of Blue-Shift and Half-Life 1. However, there's a version of Half-Life 1 that runs on the Source engine, called Half-Life: Source. IMO, it's better than the standard Half-Life without Source.

Yawn your Counter-Strike: Source info is subjective remember! I think Counter-strike: source is better then Battlefield 2. Any original Half life mod didn't use source the engine.
Message 34 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes