PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Old PS3 with trophies support patch??

Aug 23, 2011

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

God of War?

Some of the older games say they support trophies but they don't. On the back of the Greatest Hits version of Call of Duty 4 it says Trophies but no trophy support.

My Game Library: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Infamous 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Blur, Sports Champions. PSN: ScreamAimFire999

They made the same mistake with the initial GH version of MGS4, it said it had trophy support.

If Konami ever makes a new director's cut version of MGS4 (like they did with MGS2 & MGS3), it will include trophy support.

Message 11 of 36 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Aug 23, 2011

It's misleading. That's why I bought Call of Duty 4 again. I figured, "Oh they patched in trophies, sure I'll buy it again for $20." Very disappointed.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 12 of 36 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22643 posts

Aug 23, 2011

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

It's misleading. That's why I bought Call of Duty 4 again. I figured, "Oh they patched in trophies, sure I'll buy it again for $20." Very disappointed.

My Game Library: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Infamous 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Blur, Sports Champions. PSN: ScreamAimFire999

modern warfare doesn't  have trophies??

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 36 (614 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 23, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

Not the first one, the second one does....

Message 14 of 36 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22643 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

maybe game of the year edition has trophies support??

Message 15 of 36 (614 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 25, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

No it doesn't either. You can go to psptrophies.org to see the complete list of PS3 & PSN games that support trophies...

Message 16 of 36 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22643 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

No it doesn't either. You can go to psptrophies.org to see the complete list of PS3 & PSN games that support trophies...

i'm surprised that game as popular as modern warfare doesn't have trophy patch...

uncharted: drake fortune did...

Message 17 of 36 (613 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 25, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

i'm surprised that game as popular as modern warfare doesn't have trophy patch...

uncharted: drake fortune did...

That is because Uncharted (and Burnout Paradise) already had a achievement type system built into the game, it was a simple matter to patch it to support trophies. Games that didn't have a achievement system built in would require a major programming overhaul to add it trophies. IMO Metal Gear Solid 4 is probably the most popular game that people want to get trophy support. If the game gets remade like MGS2 & MGS3 were then trophy support will be added...

Message 18 of 36 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22643 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That is because Uncharted (and Burnout Paradise) already had a achievement type system built into the game, it was a simple matter to patch it to support trophies. Games that didn't have a achievement system built in would require a major programming overhaul to add it trophies. IMO Metal Gear Solid 4 is probably the most popular game that people want to get trophy support. If the game gets remade like MGS2 & MGS3 were then trophy support will be added...

MGS4 has no trophies ??

what are you talking about??

i have a copy of the game and it stated trophies in the back  **still in wrapper.. bought from amazon NEW for $10

http://i54.tinypic.com/11v2xjc.jpg

Message 19 of 36 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 26, 2011
Message 20 of 36 (613 Views)
0 Likes