Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Re: Old Off-Topic Memories

Nov 8, 2006

Rafe wrote:

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
Everybody's got them. Except those who weren't there, of course. You can make some up .

• This isn't Off-Topic, but...watching PSP General totally flip out over the 2.0 update. Yes, I saw that; even though I wasn't registered, I watched the forums.
  • Staying up until 4:00 A.M. with nobody online except Velvy, Narutoboy and I think PikachuSnowman. We spammed the night away.
  • The dozens of One and Only Pictures threads.
  • The Arachnophobia thread...I think I may have hurt Pnoy's feelings. Once or twice.
I know I've been making a big deal about the Off-Topic of Old lately...dunno, for the past couple days, the boards really had some cool threads that reminded me.

Old off topic memories, your not even a year in you know nothing about the old off topic. lol

Back when people would post quests and answers in their thread titles and nothing would actually be in the thread. People actually talked useing thread titles, cause the boards were set in a different format.

I remember back in the day when almost everything was postable, I remember having Cheatster, Aeris_strife, and Deltan actually post in threads, back when people like Bob talks, Zelgladis, and the parking meter were around.

Or what about when Trinity and Zamboni were 2 mods alter egos, cause they didnt want anyone to know that they were mods that was so long ago.

I remember when they gave special members stars, back way way before the MVP program, I had a star till they got rid of the star system cause people complained about it.

I remember when another member and I would have name that video game song topics, were we would post a series of midis and see who gets the most right.

Or what about when the Off Topic board wasnt even around it was called the Gaming lounge, till they broke it up and created off topic.

Sadly time went on, and ALOT of older members stopped coming here and made it boreing for a long time, then I stopped showing up as much cause none of my friend from the forums were on anymore.....now I just show up once in awhile......

Message Edited by Rafe on 11-08-2006 02:10 PM

nah, I browsed a lot before I registered my handle. I remember when you used to post tons.

And Cheatster and the other guys used to spam...maybe that's why they wiped the Old Off-Topic. Wanted to destroy the evidence.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 91 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 9, 2006

_overnight wrote:
So true. I'm glad I'm  in college and I do other things. My statement just makes more geeky.

Spo8 wrote:

_overnight wrote:
Why should we remember an older version of a forum board than anything else? Starting to sound... shall I say it? Real... geeky!

No, the geeky part is that we spend so much time on a forum in the first place.

By denying the geekiness, you have only affirmed it.
Message 92 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4445 posts

Nov 9, 2006
I'm with you on the 2.00 craze in PSP General, and I still loved the, "I just saw the most beautiful person ever," thread and we later found out it was his cousin and that led to pictures of member's cousins and nannys.
Message 93 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15951 posts

Nov 9, 2006

Everybody's got them. Except those who weren't there, of course. You can make some up .

• This isn't Off-Topic, but...watching PSP General totally flip out over the 2.0 update. Yes, I saw that; even though I wasn't registered, I watched the forums.
  • Staying up until 4:00 A.M. with nobody online except Velvy, Narutoboy and I think PikachuSnowman. We spammed the night away.
  • The Arachnophobia thread...I think I may have hurt Pnoy's feelings. Once or twice.
I know I've been making a big deal about the Off-Topic of Old lately...dunno, for the past couple days, the boards really had some cool threads that reminded me.

Bah, you call those memories? I havent been in the OT for so long that I forgot all the good memories...back when the OT was first created! (yes, there was a point when Off-Topic did not exist!)
Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't part of my sig.

www.GarCard.com

PlayStation Network ID & Xbox Live Gamercard: Garconis
Message 94 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Nov 9, 2006

Garconis wrote:

Bah, you call those memories? I havent been in the OT for so long that I forgot all the good memories...back when the OT was first created! (yes, there was a point when Off-Topic did not exist!)

i wouldnt be here is OT didnt exist....
Message 95 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15169 posts

Nov 9, 2006

jamaica0535 wrote:

Garconis wrote:

i wouldnt be here is OT didnt exist....

It did, just under the gaming lounge, the actual Off Topic board used to be considered to be that board.
Message 96 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8066 posts

Nov 9, 2006
Late Night PSU
That noob who posted pron.

Message 97 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11273 posts

Nov 9, 2006

DBZWWE wrote:

I was about to post that just right now.
Message 98 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Nov 9, 2006

mtlgeer wrote:

DBZWWE wrote:

I was about to post that just right now.

that just happened to beowolf.... lmao.. didnt expect that one... at least it wasnt a shock pic...
Message 99 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Nov 9, 2006

DBZWWE wrote:
Late Night PSU

I think alittle while ago...a guy DID post p0rn...A guy sticking his "thingie" up a girls butthole....

Unless that's who you ARE talking bout
Message 100 of 132 (0 Views)
0 Likes