Reply
Aug 08 2013
By: Legendary_Vicki Keyblade Wielder 5453 posts
Offline

Off-Topic Regulars: Meet Up (Postponed due to network errors)

[ Edited ]
205 replies 1091 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

*The event will be postponed until further notice. There has been a lot of network errors occurring within Home of late which makes it almost impossible to use. I will keep you guys updated and this will go ahead when Home becomes more stable again. Sorry for the inconvenience.*

 

The event will be held in the "OPC Poker Lounge" clubhouse. If you have already signed up then you should have your invite within the next few hours, ready for Tuesday night.

 

The clubhouse has 3 Poker Tables, Liars Dice, Darts and BlackJack and an area for everyone to just sit and chat if they choose to do so.

 

If you haven't already signed up and you would like to do so then please stick your name down so I know you're coming and I'll get you an invite to the club sent A.S.A.P.



Please take note of the usefull information I have put into the spoiler for those of you who are new to Home. It will help you loads. Smiley Tongue

 

Also please remember that when we are in the clubhouse, you can speak on mic freely, but you have to press R2 when you wish to speak as it is Push-To-Talk.

 

See you all there!

 

 

@MODS: Please don't move this to the PS Home section, as it is directed at the Off-Topic regulars D:

 

 

RSVP:

 

Legendary_Vicki
Setzaroth
BRIT-KO
Sweet2525
younginflavor18
Grindhead_Jim
HiTmAN_90 (maybe)
King_xO-AsSaSSin
xMINDBlIlURx
johngie
NikeMurphDawg?
Ikit-Klaw

FiveFourteen (Added by request)

HorrorGod

the_original_se

KANE-FIRE

Myalana
Subion
deadend123
ooOHinataOoo

KarateChampChad

Xuchilbara

JulianMatisse
Viewtiful_Josh
Thew902
O_Mally
TDBWID
Nightwish_1990
Akirasolid (Might make it.)

skean_dhu
LegoFire

HeavensLightfire

bm2919
bob-maul

 

 

 

 

If you wish to attend please add your name to the list.

 

 

Spoiler
So for those of you who may not have used Home before or are relatively new to it, I have put together some important information and useful tips:

1. When you load up Home you will be dropped into your navigator initially, scroll right, along to where it says "My Home" then go down to my spaces and click on "Harbour Studio". You will be able to edit you avatar and settings there if you choose to.

2. How-To Join The Club:

Once in your harbour Studio, if you press start and scroll right along to "Social" then go down to "Clubs", in there you will see an option labelled "My invites" your invite should be in there. (Please be patient with this bit as the club channels can take a moment or 2 to load and refresh properly.)

The Club is called "OPC Poker Lounge", if you have already put your name down then you should already have an invite. If you have any problems then please don't hesitate to ask.

~ Some other useful information ~

When you enter Home, you might want to adjust your volume settings as the default background sounds for Home can be very loud. So here's how to fix that:

Press start - scroll along to "Options" then go down to "Audio" and turn your master volume down to just 1 little notch (that's what I have it set to). You can turn it off completely though if you wish to do so.

If you are going to be using mic and you have the sound coming through your TV, you might want to turn your speech volume up to full.

 

 *Note*

 

Please remember to install all the recent patches for Home before Tuesday night so everything goes smoothly Smiley Happy

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 1 of 206 (1,091 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Question

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 206 (1,085 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

Pfff, what kind of idiot would suggest THAT  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Indifferent

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 3 of 206 (1,084 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised


Flooding? Who's flooding anything? This is the first Home-ish thread I've posted and it is in idea I had, please don't try and tell me what to do or what not to do. I think I'm clued up enough on these forums to have my own way to do things, thank you very much, kind sir.

 

@Setz, yeah I wonder Smiley Wink haha.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 4 of 206 (1,076 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised


Flooding? Who's flooding anything? This is the first Home-ish thread I've posted and it is in idea I had, please don't try and tell me what to do or what not to do. I think I'm clued up enough on these forums to have my own way to do things, thank you very much, kind sir.

 

@Setz, yeah I wonder Smiley Wink haha.


True. Sorry for my choice of wording, but those home forumers can smell home posts. Won't be long before they show up here.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 206 (1,072 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised


Flooding? Who's flooding anything? This is the first Home-ish thread I've posted and it is in idea I had, please don't try and tell me what to do or what not to do. I think I'm clued up enough on these forums to have my own way to do things, thank you very much, kind sir.

 

@Setz, yeah I wonder Smiley Wink haha.


True. Sorry for my choice of wording, but those home forumers can smell home posts. Won't be long before they show up here.


Lol, I know what you mean. I wouldn't worry too much though. I highly doubt that people are going to come in and talk about what stuff they bought this week yada yada, haha.

 

It's not really about Home, more just a basis on what we could use to all meet up. I'm open to idea's if anyone else can think of something a little more suitable for everyone.

 

The reason why I suggested Home is because it's a place where everyone can talk and something that everyone has access to.

 

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 6 of 206 (1,065 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Question

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised


Flooding? Who's flooding anything? This is the first Home-ish thread I've posted and it is in idea I had, please don't try and tell me what to do or what not to do. I think I'm clued up enough on these forums to have my own way to do things, thank you very much, kind sir.

 

@Setz, yeah I wonder Smiley Wink haha.


True. Sorry for my choice of wording, but those home forumers can smell home posts. Won't be long before they show up here.


Lol, I know what you mean. I wouldn't worry too much though. I highly doubt that people are going to come in and talk about what stuff they bought this week yada yada, haha.

 

It's not really about Home, more just a basis on what we could use to all meet up. I'm open to idea's if anyone else can think of something a little more suitable for everyone.

 

The reason why I suggested Home is because it's a place where everyone can talk and something that everyone has access to.

 


How about a game instead of Home? 

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 7 of 206 (1,062 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
5453 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

Not everyone has the same games. Everyone has Home on their XMB. It's free to use and more laid back.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 8 of 206 (1,057 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

I spent money on home, but I regret it.  Please do no flood the Off-Topics with home stuff Smiley Surprised


Flooding? Who's flooding anything? This is the first Home-ish thread I've posted and it is in idea I had, please don't try and tell me what to do or what not to do. I think I'm clued up enough on these forums to have my own way to do things, thank you very much, kind sir.

 

@Setz, yeah I wonder Smiley Wink haha.


True. Sorry for my choice of wording, but those home forumers can smell home posts. Won't be long before they show up here.


Lol, I know what you mean. I wouldn't worry too much though. I highly doubt that people are going to come in and talk about what stuff they bought this week yada yada, haha.

 

It's not really about Home, more just a basis on what we could use to all meet up. I'm open to idea's if anyone else can think of something a little more suitable for everyone.

 

The reason why I suggested Home is because it's a place where everyone can talk and something that everyone has access to.

 


How about a game instead of Home? 


Problem with a game, is , it's highly unlikley that a large amount of people will all have the same game.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 9 of 206 (1,055 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Question

Aug 8, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Not everyone has the same games. Everyone has Home on their XMB. It's free to use and more laid back.


Ehh... I am sure there is something we all have in common.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 10 of 206 (1,051 Views)
Reply
0 Likes