Highlighted
Nov 19 2012
By: ne1atall MVP Support 19823 posts
Accepted Solution

Occasional Lack of Moderation.

[ Edited ]
25 replies 233 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

This isn't to run down the moderators. I know they can't be everywhere at once. However there are times when they are conspicuously missing and people seem to wait to take advantage of this.

I don't know if any of you noticed how bad the PSASBR forums got mainly due to one individual with their vulgar, gross, and harassing trolling attempts. They blatantly admitted they were trolling and got away with making multiple vile threads for far too long.

What I propose as a possible solution is some system where if a person is reported by a certain number of different members, meaning completely different not same people on duplicate account, in a certain amount of time they are temporarily suspended from making more posts until such time as the reports can be reviewed.

I know this can be subject to abuse but I believe the benefits vastly outweigh the potential drawbacks. I believe the community at large wouldn't falsely report just for the fun of it and neither would they like to be subject to the nonsense or vileness that went on.

So, anyone have any thoughts? Hopefully a Moderator or two can reply.

Message 1 of 26 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: Occasional Lack of Moderation.

Nov 19, 2012

They (moderators) sure seem to be all places at once to me.

Every time I login I see a MOD active moving this here or that there. They are doing the best they can. 

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 2 of 26 (221 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19823 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I agree they are doing the best they can. Like I said this wasn't to badmouth them but they can use more help. If you had seen these posts you'd be shocked. I'm looking for input about if you think this is a feasible idea or what can be done to make it or something similar work.

Message 3 of 26 (219 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Hmmm.. I see what you're getting at.

P.M. a MOD or something and maybe they'll get back with you regarding this issue

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 4 of 26 (212 Views)
MVP Support
19823 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I may PM one a link to this thread. I'd like more community input and a Moderator to post here ideally.

Message 5 of 26 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7489 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Not really, the MODS here on the forums are pretty much on the ball. But I have noticed that moderation can be slow on holidays (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years). All the threads I have reported for Spam, or Blacklisting or Begging for money, get deleted in a few hours. On the weekend it might take all day before those bad threads get deleted.

cat-yes-do-go-on-this-is-all-so-interesting.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 26 (207 Views)
MVP Support
19823 posts

Nov 19, 2012

That's the problem. It may take all day and meanwhile the boards are getting bombarded with the constant vileness. I keep using that word and it's not an exxaggeration. I'm a 40 year old construction worker. I have a thick skin but I know not everyone here does. these thread titles, posts, and pictures were totally inappropriate and a day is too long when the poster is determined to keep spamming these things.

Message 7 of 26 (202 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I agree. Stage_Coach and Aero_Vayne have made a couple of appearances in the PSASBR forums, but I think that there should be a mod solely for that section. The amount of crap that pops up on a daily basis needs to be regulated.

Yes, that one troll is very annoying, but I don't know what the mods can do to prevent him/her from making another account and continue his/her weekly trolling. That specific user has already made about 3 accounts already to my knowledge.

However, the mods do have a lot of things to maintain, and they have been trying to move most of the off-topic crap here.

Message 8 of 26 (189 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

That's the problem. It may take all day and meanwhile the boards are getting bombarded with the constant vileness. I keep using that word and it's not an exxaggeration. I'm a 40 year old construction worker. I have a thick skin but I know not everyone here does. these thread titles, posts, and pictures were totally inappropriate and a day is too long when the poster is determined to keep spamming these things.

While I do not want to grant these posts more attention by asking which ones directly, may I assume they were "trying" to "sell dresses"?

If so, I reported each one individually for inappropriate content, and even P.M. one of the Mods directly.

Seriously, some people (usually newbies) accuse me of trolling or spamming, just because I like to make light of absurd scenarios sometimes.  These particular threads I saw, were tasteless continuations of similar threads I have seen in the last month trying to peddle merchandise.

I am convinced these are not genuine gamers even.  I believe this is some kind of cold call Forum Spamming service looking to boost sales in whatever crap they sell.  I say they should save it for the street corner blanket market.

Want to buy a watch?  JK, but seriously, it has been a regular occurrence lately.  I am not sure the MODs have the capability to stop them, only to remove them once they are in the Forum.  If you look at the PSN IDs, they are usually very generic, like 0000THY (Not any PSN I have seen or noticed, so please don't misconstrue this ID for an actual one.)  If this happens to be any one Forum member's ID, it is purely coincidental, and should not reflect any actions or posts by them (legitimately or not).

Moble

Message 9 of 26 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Oh wait, I found them.

ne1, I see what you mean.  The link goes to a facebook, with questionable content.

You posed a good question to them though; are they trolling, spamming, fishing?

Regardless, I agree.  While I am deeply intrigued by woman, I am an adult.  Should a younger person be on here and follow the link, it will take them to content not in the General Audiences parameters of this Forum.

I still hold though; the other threads I have seen, are bothersome as well.

Moble

Message 10 of 26 (178 Views)
0 Likes