Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Re: Obamacare exemption

Aug 9, 2013
^ NikeMurphDawg agrees and turns on PS3 as well.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 31 of 36 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Aug 9, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
While I'm not really all that keen on Obamacare, I am in favor of a free universal healthcare system and was very excited when Obama first entered office talking about how healthcare was a right, not a privilege, of the people.

I can still recall the Democratic Primary when Hillary was for Healthcare reform that involved everyone being required to have insurance and Obama was opposed to that idea. Then along come Obamacare, that requires everyone to obtain healthcare or face a penalty. That was quite disappointing.

Still, I believe that there is a bright side to Obamacare. If it truly turns out to be the colossal failure that some predict it to be then perhaps it will motivate both sides to come back to the table and figure out a better system.

Isn't this a bit like passing a law that requires everyone to cut their own legs off, in the hopes that both sides will be motivated to fix the real problem of having to wear uncomfortable shoes?

I have noticed the bright side of Obama doing everything he can to destroy our ability to produce domestic energy.  As a result, we have become much more efficient at producing energy using the existing resources.  Our fomestic energy production has spiked up greatly, mainly from shale oil deposits and hydraulic fracturing techniques.

I've seen no similar silver lining from Obamacare.

Message 32 of 36 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Aug 9, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

Can we please stop callling this law Obamacare!

The law is called - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Might as well have called it the Completely Non-Controversial, Fully Funded, and Universally Loved Health Care Act.  You can name something anything, but that doesn't automatically lead to truth in advertising.

Obama spent all his political capital on passing this.  He owns it.  It will be an albatross around his neck forever.  Deservedly so.  Nobody is interested in divorcing Obama from his culpability in pushing this train wreck on the country.  Economically speaking, it's a boat anchor tied to a drag chute.

Message 33 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19002 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Liberal news: Bush did it and if you don't agree you're a racist.

Conservative news: Major tornado hits, it was probably Obama's secret army that can control the weather, also not ruleing out ties with  the cobra commnader

Me: "Screw this..."  *turns on Ps3*

2013 is actually on track to be a record quiet tornado season ahead of the record set last year with the fewest confirmed tornado touchdowns. Alarmists blame it on climate change contradicting their own beliefs that the number of tornadoes would increase.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 34 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Aug 10, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

Still, I believe that there is a bright side to Obamacare. If it truly turns out to be the colossal failure that some predict it to be then perhaps it will motivate both sides to come back to the table and figure out a better system.

Isn't this a bit like passing a law that requires everyone to cut their own legs off, in the hopes that both sides will be motivated to fix the real problem of having to wear uncomfortable shoes?

lol, I suppose you could say that.

Regardless, the old health care system wasn't very good, or rather it was great for those who could afford it, good for those who abused it and terrible for everyone else. Somethng did need to be done. I'm not saying that Obamacare is what was needed, but at least it was a change, rather than endless debate and empty campaign promises (fun fact: Every president since FDR has made promises about reforming the health care system. With only minor exceptions, Obama is the only one to have actually done it.)

Message 35 of 36 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9064 posts

Aug 10, 2013

1149044_547142461999761_1509172097_n.jpg

Message 36 of 36 (53 Views)