Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Re: OMG first sony and now netflix.

Jul 15, 2011

You know, the netflix doesn't affect me much because I only stream.  I use redbox for my dvd services. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Message 11 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 15, 2011

I agree. It is so dumb!

Message 12 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jul 15, 2011

almost all of the movies are old which sucks.. im not saying all old movies are bad, but most are.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41812 posts

Jul 15, 2011

Yea I'm pissed at Netflix over this, my monthly subscription would nearly double if I wanted to have both the streaming & DVD's, I'll be cancelling the DVD part today, stuff em.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 14 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jul 15, 2011

TKearney9 wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

I hate when big companys become greedy all of the sudden.

It just opens up a new door to competition. LOTS of people will cancel/migrate to Redbox or something similar, hell even blockbuster or the other system.

Netflix? this is just the biggining.. they sure have more suprises coming in the future

an extra hour worth of labor isnt worth it.

P.s no BS replies or starting fights or you will be reported thanks.

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

Greedy? How about trying to stay in business.

Quick google search and I come up with this http://www.fastcompany.com/1767124/dear-netflix-subscribers-stop-whining

One dollar per round trip to send a DVD. I'm sure there's plenty of people who will get 5, 6, or 7 DVDs per month. That's almost what they're charging for membership.

Go to RedBox. I don't see how changing to a less convientant method, without unlimited online streaming, and paying basically the same price is a good idea. But if it sounds like it to you, more power to ya.

Here's another article justifying the price hike: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-magid/netflixs-new-pricing-mode_b_899311.html
In fact, there's probably dozens of articles that agree with the price hike.

With blockbuster, you're paying 3 dollars per DVD, probably more for a bluray. If you're going to get more than 2 DVDs, you're not saving any money and making things unconvientant for yourself. To be honest, if Blockbuster turns out to be a better deal for you, then you're probably not using the Netflix membership to its full potential.

What else do they have in store for us? Or are you just spouting stuff?

The world is so cold now that you've gone away.

Netflix isn t even worth the price.. ive had it up until this day and the selection of movies is terrible and the time it updates is also terrible... and even when they update it, bad movies added. Except for a few good shows, south park being one of them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jul 15, 2011

HWGuy14 wrote:

It just opens up a new door to competition. LOTS of people will cancel/migrate to Redbox or something similar, hell even blockbuster or the other system.

Netflix? this is just the biggining.. they sure have more suprises coming in the future

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

Quick google search and I come up with this http://www.fastcompany.com/1767124/dear-netflix-subscribers-stop-whining

One dollar per round trip to send a DVD. I'm sure there's plenty of people who will get 5, 6, or 7 DVDs per month. That's almost what they're charging for membership.

Go to RedBox. I don't see how changing to a less convientant method, without unlimited online streaming, and paying basically the same price is a good idea. But if it sounds like it to you, more power to ya.

Here's another article justifying the price hike: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-magid/netflixs-new-pricing-mode_b_899311.html

With blockbuster, you're paying 3 dollars per DVD, probably more for a bluray. If you're going to get more than 2 DVDs, you're not saving any money and making things unconvientant for yourself. To be honest, if Blockbuster turns out to be a better deal for you, then you're probably not using the Netflix membership to its full potential.

What else do they have in store for us? Or are you just spouting stuff?

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 16 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jul 15, 2011

HWGuy14 wrote:

TKearney9 wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

What else do they have in store for us? Or are you just spouting crap because umad?

The world is so cold now that you've gone away.

seriously dont start with yor last line, I dont allow fights and have no time for them.

Netflix isn t even worth the price.. ive had it up until this day and the selection of movies is terrible and the time it updates is also terrible... and even when they update it, bad movies added. Except for a few good shows, south park being one of them.

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

I take it the latter was correct; you have nothing. If you think Netflix is such a bad deal then cancel it.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 17 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes