Highlighted
Nov 28 2006
By: El_Nomad I Only Post Everything 1237 posts

O' Canada

51 replies 3 views Edited Nov 28, 2006
For those canadians that like to critizise(sp?) american life style

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A Canadian man who could not figure out how to deal with his girlfriend's feverish 10-month-old daughter put the baby into a freezer to cool her down, a local newspaper reported on Friday.
Derrick Hardy faces charges of criminal negligence and assaulting the infant, who was rescued when her mother came home, the Charlottetown Guardian said.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. said the mother found the girl crammed into the freezer alongside ice cubes and hamburger meat. Hardy said he had left the door ajar but the mother said it had been closed when she returned.
He told a court in the eastern province of Prince Edward Island on Thursday the child had only been in the freezer for about 40 seconds.
Hardy, 21, who admitted to police that he had no real parenting skills to deal with a sick child, said he had noticed the girl was very hot and put a cool cloth on her face, but this had no effect.
He then carried the girl outside into the night air but, frustrated that this also did not work and worried she might drown if placed in a cold bath, he put the baby into the kitchen freezer. She was wearing only an undershirt.
A local doctor said the mother had described her baby as "crying, sobbing and terrified." The child spent several days in hospital to recover from first- and second-degree freezer burns on her head and torso.
Hardy has pleaded not guilty to the charges. The baby's grandmother now has custody of the girl.

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 1 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20648 posts

Re: O' Canada

Nov 28, 2006
how stupid can someone get?!  even if he doesnt have any parenting skills, its common sense!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Nov 28, 2006
40 seconds in a freeze will give you Freezer Burn? Damn. That's fast.
Message 3 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Nov 28, 2006
People are this stupid all over the entire world, not just Canada.

Message 4 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7575 posts

Nov 28, 2006
wth thats is so messed up! this is pretty bad, but hey americains make fun of canadains alot! look at family guy so on and so forth,  plus its kinda a sterotype of canada. there are alot of problems here i guess.......

Message Edited by mikey_424 on 11-27-2006 06:54 PM
Photobucket
Message 5 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Nov 28, 2006
Well thanks for starting a flamewar. And wow you do realize that Canada and the US are pretty damn similar when it comes to life styles right? And to the post " proud to be American" If the article makes you proud, then I guess you hearing about anything bad in any country makes you proud. And I guess you block out all the news from your own countrySmiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1175 posts

Nov 28, 2006
...................oops sorry.
Message 7 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Nov 28, 2006

Killzone_fan wrote:

NK wrote:
Well thanks for starting a flamewar. And wow you do realize that Canada and the US are pretty damn similar when it comes to life styles right? And to the post " proud to be American" If the article makes you proud, then I guess you hearing about anything bad in any country makes you proud. And I guess you block out all the news from your own countrySmiley Indifferent

i just love this place and i was just joking cause im mexican

You live in Mexico?

Message 8 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4113 posts

Nov 28, 2006

NK wrote:

no i dont. i think weve done worser than that

Message Edited by Killzone_fan on 11-27-2006 06:56 PM
Photobucket
Message 9 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4113 posts

Nov 28, 2006

CNNboy wrote:

Killzone_fan wrote:

NK wrote:

You live in Mexico?

no but i wish i did. my heritage i guess
Photobucket
Message 10 of 52 (3 Views)
0 Likes