Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Big Daddy
18803 posts

Re: Nvidia's handheld to compete with Nintendo

Jan 18, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

I guess it's impossible to tell for sure which one of us is correct.  We won't have to wait long - I expect Project Shield to launch this year.  PS Vita does not have PC compatibility.  Project Shield does.  That makes the critical difference.  You can play games from your computer, stream them, to Project Shield. 

The "PC Compatability" is limited. It only streams from a computer, meaning the computer needs to be on, and available to run the game. You also need compatiable nVidia hardware in your computer. You will obviously also need a decent network connection on both ends if your playing over the WAN. If not, then you're only playing on a local network, which is of limited use.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Re: Nvidia's handheld to compete with Nintendo

Jan 18, 2013

coreno wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

I guess it's impossible to tell for sure which one of us is correct.  We won't have to wait long - I expect Project Shield to launch this year.  PS Vita does not have PC compatibility.  Project Shield does.  That makes the critical difference.  You can play games from your computer, stream them, to Project Shield. 

The "PC Compatability" is limited. It only streams from a computer, meaning the computer needs to be on, and available to run the game. You also need compatiable nVidia hardware in your computer. You will obviously also need a decent network connection on both ends if your playing over the WAN. If not, then you're only playing on a local network, which is of limited use.

Trying to remember what I read from before, but you also have to have specific specs on your PC in order to stream in the first place...if you don't have the right specs, no streaming unless you pretty much buy a new PC. And yeah, your PC has to be on, and you have to be at home as well (so...pretty much you're paying a ton of money to play your PC games on a smaller screen, with a controller [WHY????] in your own home...) Without the streaming...its pretty much just another platform for Android games...yay...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 12 (43 Views)
0 Likes