Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Nuclear Power?

Sep 7, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
#Chernobyl

ya, I was one of the first people to reply with that....exact response actually, in a sort of tounge in cheek manner.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 31 of 50 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Sep 7, 2013
Okay, #LookAtJapan
Message 32 of 50 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Sep 7, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
Okay, #LookAtJapan

ya, both of these things have been addressed. Read the rest of the thread first.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 33 of 50 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Sep 7, 2013
Ugh!! #aBoyandHisDog
Message 34 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Sep 7, 2013

You guys.

Valid Concern #1: The availability of uranium in the future.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 35 of 50 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

The whole "Look as this accident" argument doesnt really hold water at all...That's like saying we should never move forward because of what could happen. By that logic you should be completely opposed to cars...look at the deaths that causes...whoa. I bet you walk and bike everywhere right? Oh no? hmmm, odd.

Outside of chernobyl (shotty design mixed with human error) and a plant built where it could get hit by a hurricane (human error, again) I don't see a problem. 

As has been stated, France has been doing this for a while, and they aren't melting down every ten years causing mass casualties, they are just fine actually.

As far as the plants getting water? Well...we have the technology to get water to them. That's not really an issue. And even if we couldnt pipe the water to it, if a few powerplants were placed in low risk areas near lakes and rives and lakes...they could power  most of the country.

And that's what I'm getting at, Nuclear power is not safe. If something happens at a plant there are serious things to worry about. Where solar/wind energy is concerned if something happens, nothing happens. We already have some nuclear power plant failures throughout history, how many more accidents will it take for you to get it thru that thick skull that nuclear energy is not safe. Nuclear power will never be the answer to world's energy problems, if it were the answer then every country in the world would be building nuclear power plants right now.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 36 of 50 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7016 posts

Sep 7, 2013

I think solar wind is safer /solar energy is  safer than some  Nc plant.   When  Ncp  go  dwn evey thing  go down almost.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 37 of 50 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Sep 7, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

Nuclear power is not clean and safe, it is not the answer to Earth's energy needs.

Look at what's happening in Japan at the moment.

It only emits steam (water). That is it. No radiation unless a natural disaster occurrs (by the by, most of the newer generation plants can take a good earthquake). 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 38 of 50 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

The argument about needing water is also faulty. We pump water to many of our plants. Just look at this map of nuclear plants and tons are not anywhere near a water source. And to just throw a bone to the other side, this one has the radiation levels if a meltdown occurred. Still, they never happen.

US-Reactor-Map-anim.gif

Message 39 of 50 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Sep 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

I think solar wind is safer /solar energy is  safer than some  Nc plant.   When  Ncp  go  dwn evey thing  go down almost.

Solar energy is inefficient and also makes tons of waste per panel. Nuclear plants make little to no waste and it can be reused to make more energy. Then, the waste will eventually break down in a few hundred years. It is perfectly safe and few meltdowns have actually occurred. most of them being outdated technology.

Message 40 of 50 (34 Views)
0 Likes