Umbrella Scientist
14289 posts

Re: No more kudo..

Dec 23, 2010

Seems like they're trying to make it more like Facebook with the "Like" button.

Message 11 of 13 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2785 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I prefer the kudo system. Obviously the kudos button was abused in some boards but in others it was given to very helpful and insightful posts, and it was easier to see. The like thing is okay but I can barely see it, so I'll be more likely to just skim past that post. And I also liked how it would show how many kudos a thread has without having to click on it and go through them all. it made it easier to spot interesting discussions (in some boards). I don't know why they couldn't have just kept the kudos button and left it available to a select few, (maybe at a certain rank) in order to prevent it being overused, and kept the like for everyone else.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 12 of 13 (38 Views)
Wastelander
770 posts

Dec 23, 2010

okay, what the f is this?

while quoting gets super annoying since no one seems to know how to snip, having replies not stack into a subthread is confusing.

having most recent posts be bumped on main page is questionable. I don't click on the 'home' or 'warhawk' pages for a reason. They have frequent posters and I am not relishing stepping through posts that have zero interest for me to find something interesting.

what is the point of being able to 'like' something if you don't have an option to 'dislike'? it lacks the weight of kudos but we can't down vote trollish crap posts.

I am not sure I like this change much...perhaps it will grow on me but thus far it is counter intuitive, clunky and hard to navigate.

sorry to be negative but that is my my take on this.

Message 13 of 13 (38 Views)
0 Likes