Mar 28 2013
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

No more dodgeball

22 replies 378 views Edited Mar 28, 2013
What is our country coming to? How can you not have dodgeball at school anymore.

Do they really think, its the cause of all these mass shootings now. C'mon now! They banned dodgeball at recess. What's next, get rid of Taco Day?

How sad.
Message 1 of 23 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
228 posts

Re: No more dodgeball

Mar 28, 2013
They banned dodgeball because it's not fun to target and physically injure other students. Not because of the recent shootings.

Frankenstein

Message 2 of 23 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I know I was joking but dodgeball is nothing but fun. When I was in school, we lived for dodgeball LOL
Message 3 of 23 (373 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:
They banned dodgeball because it's not fun to target and physically injure other students. Not because of the recent shootings.

If you're getting physically injured by dodgeball, The school is either using baseballs, or you're extremely weak.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 23 (370 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
And yes, if they are getting hurt get rid of baseball as well. You can't hurt a lot more in baseball than you can in dodgeball....I'm just tired of all this stupid crap.

Can't say the pledge no more...What ever. Under god, how's that because I'm not offended. Been saying it since I was 10yrs old. Will always say it.
Message 5 of 23 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
228 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

If you're getting physically injured by dodgeball, The school is either using baseballs, or you're extremely weak.

So 5+ athletic kids targetting a nerdy computer kid wouldn't result in him getting hurt? I'm not saying the kid has to break a bone to be "injured," he just has to "suffer damage." 

Frankenstein

Message 6 of 23 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

So 5+ athletic kids targetting a nerdy computer kid wouldn't result in him getting hurt? I'm not saying the kid has to break a bone to be "injured," he just has to "suffer damage." 

First of all, thats one of the biggest stereotypes ever created...and in my experiance almost never happens. This is the problem with the world...caudling the weak instead of teaching people to stick up for themselves. 

And like I said "suffering damage" isnt an issue unless you have pre-existing problems that would cause you to not play in the first place if the school is using kickballs or foam balls like my school did. I wasnt terribly athletic in school, and the opposing team would focus me on occasion becase I'd taunt them and be generally annoying, it was fun, and I wasn't a B**** about it when I got nailed by 3 kids on the football team. People today are weak, and fragile...you cant sneeze without getting suspended or sued.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 23 (356 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Problems is people are so sue happy.
Message 8 of 23 (350 Views)
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:
They banned dodgeball because it's not fun to target and physically injure other students.

Then you're playing it wrong.  It's extremely fun to target other students and throw dodgeballs at them.

Seriously, this is the main point of the game.  It's a safe release for aggression, and it gives the "victims" a way to get back at the attackers by allowing them to catch the ball.

Also, I've never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen anyone get physically injured playing dogeball.  Again, you must be playing it wrong.  You might get a red mark on your face or something but big deal.  It teaches kids how to push through the pain, walk it off, perservere in the face od adversity, etc.

The world is a very harsh and competitive place.  Kids need to know how to survive by competing.  Coddling is a bad thing.

My sister-in-law was once lecturing me on how she didn't want her children competing for anything and how they should cooperate.  Aw, how nice.  Peter Pan just called and wants his philosophy book back.  I told her that if they don't compete they literally are not competitive.  They become incompetent.  By definition, incompetent is the opposite of competitive.  It means you are unable to compete.  This should be obvious and instinctive to everyone.

By eliminating competition, we are forcing the next generation to be incompetent.  I can't make it more simple than that.

BTW my s-i-l was absolutely unable to counter my reasoning, but still stubbornly insisted that competition is somehow bad.

Message 9 of 23 (334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I'm not a Sox fan, but I agree. Dodgeball is everyone's favorite. I think that us as humans are getting weaker.

Proof:
They used to say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Now they're telling us to eat five fruits.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 10 of 23 (234 Views)