Reply
Highlighted
Jan 17 2007
By: ClinToN Limit Breaker 28040 posts
Offline

No 360 Crysis

19 replies 5 views Edited Jan 17, 2007
1UP, 1UP.... you've lost respect points for two straight months. Rushing to post unconfirmed news and rumors. Here's the latest:
 

Crysis Averted
Rumors of a 360 version of the upcoming shooter are dead again.
by Micah Seff

January 16, 2007 - There is no joy in Mudville. EA has officially stated that Crysis is not planned for Xbox 360.

In a recent installment of its weekly podcast, 1Up Yours, gaming website 1Up revealed that an Xbox 360 version of Crysis was currently under development. In the podcast, editors claimed that during CES they had spoken to developers at Crytek who asserted that the Xbox 360 version of the game would be completely different from its PC counterpart due to the 360's lack of Direct X10 support.

However, an Electronics Arts rep disputed the claims. Apparently, there was some sort of miscommunication which led the editors to assume that a 360 version of the upcoming shooter was currently in development. EA's spokesman confirmed that this was nowhere near an official announcement and expected a retraction to be forthcoming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 1 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/22/2006
Offline
3517 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007
Aww that sucks...Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007
you know i can still see this game heading to consol but that still sux im starting to dislike 1up also
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 3 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 09/16/2004
Offline
28040 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
you know i can still see this game heading to consol but that still sux im starting to dislike 1up also



It also seems like they've hired a bunch of "newbs" to write. There's some really poorly written and misleading stuff on that site now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 4 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/06/2004
Offline
8161 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007
Sorry 360 owners, if it seems  too good to be true, it probably is.
 
 
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 5 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007


Lt. Claybon wrote:
Sorry 360 owners, if it seems  too good to be true, it probably is.
 
 


sorry i disagree you know how games are o its never going to be on this consol or whatever dont you remember MGS2 it showed up on the xbox so never say never
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 6 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/06/2004
Offline
8161 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:

 
sorry i disagree you know how games are o its never going to be on this consol or whatever dont you remember MGS2 it showed up on the xbox so never say never



Yeah, you're right...but i dont know what good it would do EA to say that the game is NOT going to be on 360.
 
Then again i don't understand alot of things EA does, but I think it'd be a pretty safe bet to say you're going to have to have a PC to play Crysis
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 7 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007


Lt. Claybon wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:

 
sorry i disagree you know how games are o its never going to be on this consol or whatever dont you remember MGS2 it showed up on the xbox so never say never



Yeah, you're right...but i dont know what good it would do EA to say that the game is NOT going to be on 360.
 
Then again i don't understand alot of things EA does, but I think it'd be a pretty safe bet to say you're going to have to have a PC to play Crysis


thats so true ..........SO so true damn you EA
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 8 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 07/24/2001
Offline
41471 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007
all the better, ban all EA games from the 360, wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Their servers suck and the sequels are rehashed 60 dollar money makers
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 9 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 09/16/2004
Offline
28040 posts
 

Re: No 360 Crysis

Jan 17, 2007


iruhl wrote:
all the better, ban all EA games from the 360, wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Their servers suck and the sequels are rehashed 60 dollar money makers


Smiley Indifferent  Crysis is a new IP.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 10 of 20 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes