Fender Bender
3161 posts

Re: Nitendo,We all have some of them in us....

Jan 8, 2007

GunnerZer0 wrote:
Nintendo, will always be the ultimate in my opinion. I like other systems plenty, but they will never gain the kind of respect I have for Nintendo.

I think anyone above the age of 17 prolly had tons of respect for them, and in some sense they still do(i do at least) Nintendo brought gaming back to life, and gave us some of the greatest games ever created. Problem is they don't know how to move ahead, i mean look at them.
NES-SNES: Nice Jump graphically and hardware wise, they really took a step up from NES
SNES-N64: Nice jump graphically, unfortunantly they didn't lose the cartridge and thats what hurt them the most
N64-GCN: Again, a nice jump graphically, but they didn't go with the much more broadly used DVD format
GCN-Wii: Not much of a jump, graphically or hardware wise. Mostly repackaged what they already had, added a motion controller and chose to AGAIN not use DVD but instead CDROM.
See a pattern, they dont like to change much, they can't move on, and this doesn't even include games.
I just find it funny that Sony has taken so much flack for using Blu-ray and yet no one even questions why nintendo goes with an more or less outdated format.
BUt still, props to them for more or less recreating video games
Message 31 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 8, 2007

JakRox wrote:

wrote:

JakRox wrote:

wrote:

Evolution wrote:
I think pretty much every gamer about 13 years and older started gaming with games like SMB and stuff on NES and SNES

That doesn't make sense. Someone who is 13 years old would have been born in 1993 or 1994. They wouldn't even have been able to play videogames until 1998 and 1999 at the earliest, which would have started them off at the peak of the N64 and Playstation. They would have truly gotten into games around 10 years old, or just a few years ago.

Someone like me, mid-20s, definitely grew up on Nintendo. I had an NES, an original Game Boy (got it the year it came out!), an SNES, and an N64.

It saddens me to see what Nintendo has become and how low they've sunk. But they did it to themselves. They started it with the Virtual Boy and each idiotic mistake they made with the N64 just started putting nails in their own coffin.

The Only Mistake nintendo ever made is milking Mario, Samus, DK, Kirby, Link and Fox, if they made new first party games they'd be good, but they are getting old now. Game Cube was the worst system they ever made, and the wii gets old fast.

I think all of those characters (except Kirby) could be good again. The real mistake they made was making all of them kiddy to the point of being annoying. Metroid, in 2D form, could be good again. If they made it like Super Metroid with modern graphics and a larger world. A TRUE sequel to Super Mario 64 would be sweet. A mature Zelda game with none of this changing into other animals BS and a true adventure theme with a new story that isn't tied to the SNES game could be amazing. Star Fox could be good too if they concentrated on the sci-fi flying action and got rid of all of the other elements that have brought the series down. Nintendo COULD "come back". But right now it seems they'd rather pull as much money out of the pockets of their fans as they can before they do have to do something truly good.

Star Fox is actually great the way it is, but Command was horrible, Assualt was awesome.

I haven't played command but assult sucked big time. It was short, the story wasen't that great. And to add insult to injury they could have had a great unlockable like the orginal Star Fox, but they gave us Xevious, freaking Xeavious. Not only does Xevious blow more chunks then assult but it's avaible in every Namco collection in existance.
Message 32 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Fullmetal Crusade wrote:

GunnerZer0 wrote:
Nintendo, will always be the ultimate in my opinion. I like other systems plenty, but they will never gain the kind of respect I have for Nintendo.

I think anyone above the age of 17 prolly had tons of respect for them, and in some sense they still do(i do at least) Nintendo brought gaming back to life, and gave us some of the greatest games ever created. Problem is they don't know how to move ahead, i mean look at them.
NES-SNES: Nice Jump graphically and hardware wise, they really took a step up from NES
SNES-N64: Nice jump graphically, unfortunantly they didn't lose the cartridge and thats what hurt them the most
N64-GCN: Again, a nice jump graphically, but they didn't go with the much more broadly used DVD format
GCN-Wii: Not much of a jump, graphically or hardware wise. Mostly repackaged what they already had, added a motion controller and chose to AGAIN not use DVD but instead CDROM.
See a pattern, they dont like to change much, they can't move on, and this doesn't even include games.
I just find it funny that Sony has taken so much flack for using Blu-ray and yet no one even questions why nintendo goes with an more or less outdated format.
BUt still, props to them for more or less recreating video games

According to all the specs I have seen Nintendo is going with a full sized DVD rom not a CD rom.
Message 33 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Without Nintendo, we probably wouldn't be playing games right now.

And the Wii is going DVD ROM so no ticking off third parties there.
Halo Shotgun & Pistol lover Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5118 posts

Jan 8, 2007
yep we all do
Message 35 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11200 posts

Jan 8, 2007

CodyC3 wrote:

I don't see how one company would prevent us from being able to play video games, just because they weren't around . Of course we would be playing video games, just like we would still be using the light bulb even if the specific inventor didn't exist. (someone else would come along)
Message 36 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Yep you're rightSmiley Happy

Message 37 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Narutoboy wrote:

CodyC3 wrote:

I don't see how one company would prevent us from being able to play video games, just because they weren't around . Of course we would be playing video games, just like we would still be using the light bulb even if the specific inventor didn't exist. (someone else would come along)

Yeaha never know what could have been, but right now Nintendo deserves the credit for taking the risk of revitalizing the game market of the 1980's. Like it or not.
Message 38 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3675 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Drumline wrote:
Nintendo needs to be sued for racism for creating Mario.

Italian-American stereotypes FTL.

wow...just wow. I never heard of the stereo type of the italian-ex plumber who goes around smashing flying turtles and saving princesses, while simultaneously using magical mushrooms to aid him along the journey.

Photobucket
Message 39 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Jan 8, 2007
I grew up on both NES and Genesis. I never was a big fan of the Mario games though. I was more into the Zelda ones.
Message 40 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes