Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: Nitendo,We all have some of them in us....

Jan 8, 2007
i was just playing super mario bros 3 today.
Message 21 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Drumline wrote:

NK wrote:

Drumline wrote:
Nintendo needs to be sued for racism for creating Mario.

Italian-American stereotypes FTL.

Way to prove yourself wrong. Racism, no. Sterotype? Yes.

They are promoting a racist stereotype. OH SNAP.

Just like Barret in FF7 was promoting a stereotype? Or CJ in GTASmiley FrustratedA? Or Jar Jar in Star Wars? This is stupid.

Anyway, back on topic. Nintendo is proof of how the mighty can fall. They were once the best, now they're not even 3rd rate. It's been a decade since their "Golden Era" ended. Mario 64 was the last good Mario game. Mario Kart 64 was the last good Mario Kart. Zelda: Link's Awakening was the last good Zelda game..

They could come back even if they used their own franchises. They just choose not to. I guess it's easier to milk blindly devoted fanboys than it is to make good products. Sadly, I can see Sony already doing this too.. just look at SOCOM 3, the map packs, and SOCOM: CA. Not to mention all of the features that were promised for GT4 and eventually pulled from the game.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 22 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3865 posts

Jan 8, 2007
  I play the orginal super mario on my Wii.
PC>Every Console
Message 23 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3483 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Mario is a classic
Yes Please
Photobucket
Message 24 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 8, 2007

fire23150 wrote:
Dont ya think we all have some in us remember mario... the classics

Anybody who considers themselfs an old school gamer as one of the old nintendo systems.
Message 25 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Drumline wrote:

Yeah remeber the DS poster that had Princess Peach holding up that black woman by the neck and advertising the new white DS.
Message 26 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Jan 8, 2007

tommylink wrote:

Drumline wrote:

Yeah remeber the DS poster that had Princess Peach holding up that black woman by the neck and advertising the new white DS.

I don't. As for Nintendo, i liked them, but always prefered Genesis. SNES still is one of my fav systems, i'd still have it but an old buddy of mine(whom i no longer hang out with) asked me to borrow it then sold it along with my copy of Super Mario World, Super Castlevania and Mario All Stars oh was i pissed I still have my Genesis and my N64. N64 is where nintendo blew it. First(and biggest) mistake was opting to go with cartdridge over CD, this is what helped Sony a ton with the Playstation. Not only that but Nintendo was back then and still is notorious for pissing off 3rd party developers(anyone remember the whole madden EA Super Mario World fiasco?) I personally think Super Mario 64 was an overrated piece of garbage, i hate that game so much, considering how brilliant Super Mario World was. really the only games N64 had that were worth it were Ocarina of Time, SSB, Goldeneye and Star Fox  64. GCN only made things worse, once again opting to go with a different format(minidisc) only further annoyed 3rd party devs, but GCN was home of the milked franchises Mario mostly, we don't need Mario Party 64,278 or mario baseball or mario soccer or mario any other sport they could posibly think of, maybe rugby. Wii seems to be going in the same direction, Mario Party 8(?) releases in the spring, and I'm sure its just the first in a line of unnecassary Mario games. Not to mention the fact that the Wii controller, whjile i nice idea will only lend itself to certain games(have you tried madden on that system) and eventually the charm will go away and Nintendo will have to focus on gameplay and not rely on people to be amazed by the motion sensing(the fact that they are using a GCN controller for SSBB amuses me, all that talk about revolutionizing games and they can't even do it for thier own franchise.)
I used to like Nintendo, but like a lot of thier other fans, i grew up, and so did my taste. GTA appeals to me, Halo, bring it on, I can't get enough of how Solid Snake truly is. I still play the old games, and i think thats the best part about the Wii(already got Mario 1 and Legend of Zelda 1) but i bought it as a secondary system. And believe me, Resistance Rainbow and Gears are keeping me plenty entertained. Haven't touched TP in about 2 and a half weeks
Message 27 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2805 posts

Jan 8, 2007

tommylink wrote:

Drumline wrote:

it wasn't peach... it was randomwhite woman...

Obama 2008
We Need Change
Message 28 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6169 posts

Jan 8, 2007

Drumline wrote:

Italian and American are Nationalities, not races.
Message 29 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2108 posts

Jan 8, 2007
Nintendo, will always be the ultimate in my opinion. I like other systems plenty, but they will never gain the kind of respect I have for Nintendo.
Myspace - myspace.com/jakeisfrigginawesome
Message 30 of 52 (0 Views)
0 Likes