Dec 01 2006
By: _-Samus-_~ Splicer 55 posts

Nintindo WII game controller design

11 replies 2 views Edited Dec 1, 2006
Im not going to say its a bad design for the WII, but I heard its for (fat) teens or younger to lose wieght.  I mean, if you've seen the commercials they are always moving so much, not your typical sitdown controller,  its fun, ive played it, zelda twilight princess, but the gameplay was hard for me.  It just seems so hard to move and stuff, but graphics are pretty good..what does everyone else think?
She is the Goddess of war...the Lion of Bravery... She is the force that holds the very mere existance for Light....and Darkness....She is _-Samus-_
Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3631 posts

Re: Nintindo WII game controller design

Dec 1, 2006
I think it's good for exercise and another innovative purpose, putting you in the game. It's pretty awesome how instead of just tapping and tapping a button to vanquish your foes, you'll actually swing around the controller like it's an actual weapon. Not to mention in Red Steel you can tilt the gun you're holding sideways and aim from there. Also the aiming will and should be more accurate because of you being the one to guide the reticule on the screen and not the analog stick. This will help test out gamers reflexes too and help build hand eye coordination, it can't get any better. It's almost as if the Nintendo Wii games are meant to better the person playing them... Pretty kickass in my opinion.
Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 1, 2006

_-Samus-_ wrote:
Im not going to say its a bad design for the WII, but I heard its for (fat) teens or younger to lose wieght.  I mean, if you've seen the commercials they are always moving so much, not your typical sitdown controller,  its fun, ive played it, zelda twilight princess, but the gameplay was hard for me.  It just seems so hard to move and stuff, but graphics are pretty good..what does everyone else think?

I think its a good idea for a next-gen controller.
If you dont like the controller, then get the classic one that involves no moving.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1103 posts

Dec 1, 2006

_-Samus-_ wrote:
Im not going to say its a bad design for the WII, but I heard its for (fat) teens or younger to lose wieght.

You heard wrong. While the Wii does encourage more active gameplay, standing up and waving your arms isn't going to help anyone lose much weight.

Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2108 posts

Dec 1, 2006

PSP_obsessed wrote:

_-Samus-_ wrote:
Im not going to say its a bad design for the WII, but I heard its for (fat) teens or younger to lose wieght.

You heard wrong. While the Wii does encourage more active gameplay, standing up and waving your arms isn't going to help anyone lose much weight.

And it's also not required, by adjusting the sensitivity, you can play all Wii games with subtle movements, never having to move more than your wrists.
Myspace - myspace.com/jakeisfrigginawesome
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Dec 1, 2006
Plus it toughens you up, because your always getting hit in the face with the controller!

Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Masta Squidge wrote:
Plus it toughens you up, because your always getting hit in the face with the controller!

hell yea!!
get some wii battlescars Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Dec 1, 2006
ive already been smacked in the face 4 times by my friends, just playing tennis.  starts to feel good and i kinda miss the beatings sitting here at 2 am

Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Dec 1, 2006

GunnerZer0 wrote:

PSP_obsessed wrote:

_-Samus-_ wrote:

And it's also not required, by adjusting the sensitivity, you can play all Wii games with subtle movements, never having to move more than your wrists.

Good points with the exception of sports games there are no really need to go with big movements for the Wii, Zelda can be done just by a mere flick of the wrist to attack and that pretty much it.
Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Dec 1, 2006
If your Wii is the most excercise you are getting

Then you shouldn't be playing video games
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes