Apr 15 2011
By: PhantomOfPanton Sackboy 586 posts

Nintendo's successor to the wii

17 replies 37 views Edited Apr 15, 2011

The Wii sold like crazy, but now sales are dying down, still ok, but they are dying down. (I used to own a wii and a DSi, thank God my best friend showed me the superior company known as Sony )

Anyway, with sales going down, and Nintendo wanting to pring more money; a new system may be revealed at e3!

Just go to kotaku, destructoid, IGN, gaminformer, or whatever game related news site you enjoy; and you should be able to find a very recent article about the wii's successor.

http://kotaku.com/#!5792165/new-nintendo-console-debuting-at-e3-launching-in-2012-more-powerful-than...

So basically, it is just expected to be revealed at this years e3, and people are freaking out over the rumor that it will be "MOAR POWER FULL DEN DA PS3 AND 360!"

If it is a next generation system, shouldn't it be more powerful than the systems of the last generation? I don't see it as anything to boast about.

I love how Nintendo gamers always say "graphics don't matter" yet they get all excited over the fact that one of their nintendo systems will FINALLY be on par! XD

But when you think about it, it won't really be on par,since this system will be next generation, and Sony's system will blow it out of the water in terms of power...

So yeah, I don't see why this is a big deal. Do you think Nintendo will finally make a system that can compete with Sony in terms of power?

Personally, I do believe Nintendo will reveal a new system very soon. However, Nintendo is about making "innovative" systems, such as the waggle fest wii, and the glassless 3D on the 3DS. Not only is Nintendo famous for its crappy innovative gimicks, it is also famous for making "affordable" products. (though the 3DS does not seem worth 250)

I'm not sure if Nintendo will make a power-beast of a system, it just doesn't seem like Nintendo. I'm betting they will just have a glassless 3D home system or some other gimmick that will print money for them.

What do you think about these rumors? What do you think Nintendo will do? Share everything you think

Message 1 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Re: Nintendo's successor to the wii

Apr 15, 2011

No

just a new Wii with some dumb gimmick

http://funky-fever.tumblr.com/
Message 2 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11923 posts

Apr 15, 2011

Iwata to drop the bomb!

Super Wii! with 10x the hardcore!

Message 3 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Apr 15, 2011

Heard about this around noon today. I'm really hoping they go for a normal controller this time that's wireless and rechargable instead of batteries, and black for the color to match TVs. Would be nice if it was a simpler setup like PS3 too.. Just the short power cord, an HDMI cable and a wireless controller.

Message 4 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 15, 2011

yeah i wanted to get a wii for my nephew, since the dualshocks are too big for his hands and nintendo is known to make kiddy games. but i was surprised to find that the only bundle nintendo sold here was as expensive as an xbox360!! and marginally cheaper that a PS3 move bundle. considering that its just as powerful as your average Casio calculator. it does not seem worth buying at all. and the games. all the games are presented in SD having really, really crappy production values. but each one of them is right on par with the games for ps3 and x360 in terms of pricing.

I do not understand how nintendo is getting away with such mediocrity? can somebody give me a reson for this?

no matter what happens nintendo is not going to give you as much bang for you buck as you would wish.

P.S: this is not a fanboy rant..just that buying a ps3 and a HDTV is one of the best buys i have ever made. it just that smug feeling i get when i see those price label on nintendoz.

Message 5 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Apr 15, 2011

Nintendo is not going to change the way they sell the console. They tried with the N64 and Gamecube and that made them play second and third fiddle. Nintendo went back to the drawing board with the Wii and focused on one word, FAMILY. Can they make a powerful console, Yes the N64 was more powerful than the PS1.

Message 6 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Apr 15, 2011

I'll pass.

Message 7 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 15, 2011

I predict Nintendo will just do as Microsoft and Sony and come up with a redifined Wii that they'll call the Wii Thin. Or as we'll call it, the Wheat Thin.

Message 8 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Apr 15, 2011

HighLife314 wrote:

I predict Nintendo will just do as Microsoft and Sony and come up with a redifined Wii that they'll call the Wii Thin. Or as we'll call it, the Wheat Thin.

Wheat Thins are good. 16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message 9 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 15, 2011

I won't ever buy a Nintendo system, and here is why:

Sony has:

-Little Big Planet

-Modnation Racers

-God of War

-Sly Cooper

-Killzone

-Resistance

-Uncharted

-Twisted Metal

-inFamous

-Gran Turismo

-tons and tons and tons of other games that Nintendo can't touch

Games is the main thing, but Sony will always be ahead in terms of power, maybe Nintendo will try to play catch up, but sony will still be ahead. That's because Sony isn't afraid to make a GAMERS system. Nintendo is too scarred, they just make some gimmicky cheap system that families can afford.

The controls, Sony has the best motion controls, and the best controller to date, dualshock 3

And features on PS3, Nintendo won't ever touch either. I don't have to explain it all, all I'm saying is that:

I will never buy a Nintendo system because Sony will make a superior product with superior features and superior games!

Message 10 of 18 (37 Views)
0 Likes