Jan 31 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Nintendo financials going downhill

2 replies 81 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

http://www.edge-online.com/news/calls-for-wii-u-price-cut-begin-after-nintendo-financials/

According to this, the business world has received Nintendo's financials, and is upset about them.  They say, it is time for Wii U price cuts and more first party exclusives.  They don't really now how to fix the situation.  Wii U is not taking marketshare from Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 - and is in fact losing marketshare continually. 

Nothing they can do - it's all over.  On another note - I'm surprised at how many Nintendo fanatics there are on online forums - even this Sony one.  I guess 98 million people did buy it. 

Message 1 of 3 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Re: Nintendo financials going downhill

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/01/30/us-nintendo-earnings-consoles-idUKBRE90T08T20130130

More Nintendo information.  They're not expecting a $220 million loss for this year.  They're second straight annual loss - their first two.  Wii U is on-track to sell just 2.2 million units this year - they're forecasting 4.4 million.  Price cuts will have to be made to achieve that.  It's over.  Playstation 4 has foreclosed on Nintendo's home console market.  

Nintendo has a good run in the console industry - 30 years.  But they're out.  Adios.  

Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
426 posts

Re: Nintendo financials going downhill

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

it's a shame this great company had to take a turn for the worst... their last big system in my opinion, was N64 but just cause it had more games that i liked and played, than my GC. (DK 64, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad fur Day, orignal Smash bros.) One big plus for the gamecube (GC) was it had an AMD graphics card. i hope nintendo can rebound and make something better than the wiiU, i personally dislike the idea of moving to play a video game. (unless it's an arcade 'shooter)

The company that brought us the first handheld: Gameboy and help revolutionize the 8-bit and 64-bit gaming market. Nintendo is a big part of what gaming is today and us older gamers will always have a place in our hearts for this tech giant.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes