"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 12 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Re: Nintendo Wiiiiiiiiiii!

May 12, 2006

PlayStation®PSP? wrote:
will the wii be able to play cd's,and dvds?

One of Nintendo's dumber decisions was to make the DVD and CD player a separate attachment... It comes pre-installed on a certain version of the console, but it will be more expensive than the core system.
Message 13 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4762 posts

May 12, 2006

MarioBrosCom wrote:

PlayStation®PSP? wrote:

One,of Nintendo's dumber decisions was to make the DVD and CD player a,separate attachment... It comes pre-installed on a certain version of,the console, but it will be more expensive than the core system.

What? When did they say that? All I've heard so far is that it will have a little dongle like the Xbox's that you hook up
Photobucket
Message 14 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2006
Well, I don't see any PS fanboys praising the Wii.  Many Sony fans, but the Sony fanboys (as is the custom with all fanboys) are as stubborn and close-minded as usual.

But I honestly think Nintendo may steal a second place seat in terms of sales this gen.  They have just made the Wii such a perfect secondary console.  I mean, it's cheap, and it offers something completely different from PS3 and 360.  I mean, who would ever buy a 360 and a PS3 (unless they got all 3).  I know I can't think of anyone.  Now, who that you know would buy either a PS3 or 360 along with a Wii?  I'm willing to bet thats going to be the case with many gamers.

And that's just the hard-core gamer market.  Nintendo is also after non-gamers and ex-gamers, and I bet they'll end up being a very large percentage of Wii sales.

I just have a really good feeling about Ninty this gen
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 15 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2006

,MarioBrosCom wrote:

,PlayStation®PSP? wrote:
One of Nintendo's dumber decisions was to make the DVD and CD player a separate attachment... It comes pre-installed on a certain version of the console, but it will be more expensive than the core system.

Well, I've never actually heard that confirmed by Nintendo (actually, I've never really heard it at all).

But that's beside the point I suppose.  I'll agree, that last gen, Nintendo's choice to not put in a CD player and a DVD player may have hurt them a little.  But let's be honest:  It's five years later, and who doesn't have a DVD player nowadays?  No one I know, that's for sure.  They're so cheap to buy now, I'd really hate it if Nintendo put one in and made us pay extra for it, if the few people that don't have one can go out and buy one for fifty bucks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 16 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

May 12, 2006
Your whole "article" as you call it is biased.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 17 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

May 12, 2006

Dark_Evil_Emu wrote:

,MarioBrosCom wrote:

,PlayStation®PSP? wrote:

Well, I've never actually heard that confirmed by Nintendo (actually, I've never really heard it at all).

But that's beside the point I suppose.  I'll agree, that last gen, Nintendo's choice to not put in a CD player and a DVD player may have hurt them a little.  But let's be honest:  It's five years later, and who doesn't have a DVD player nowadays?  No one I know, that's for sure.  They're so cheap to buy now, I'd really hate it if Nintendo put one in and made us pay extra for it, if the few people that don't have one can go out and buy one for fifty bucks.

And that's exactly why Nintendo did it... Still, even though some people might find it reasonable to switch between Video/Input connections, I like to be able to do everyone on one piece if equipment. That's why I still play DVDs on my PS2 sometimes, even though there's a DVD player right underneath it, and despite the fact that some DVDs come out blurry and darkened like a channel on an antenna.
Message 18 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19276 posts

May 12, 2006
i agree with it and i hate nintendo well 64-gamecube i plan on getting the wii

DarkCloudLives wrote:
Your whole "article" as you call it is biased.

so wii wii on you
click for candy
Message 19 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11200 posts

May 12, 2006

treedoor wrote:
Considering Nintendo has been the best ever since I was in diapers.

NINTENDO RULES EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NINTENDO FAN AT HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please...
Message 20 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes