First Son
28 posts

Re: Nintendo WII Outselling PS3 2 to 1?, What Happened?

Mar 21, 2007
Sony fanboys are all crying and only 2 days in to the week. The real news is yet to come.
Message 21 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Mar 21, 2007

KornDoog wrote:
Sony fanboys are all crying and only 2 days in to the week. The real news is yet to come.

2 questions
1) What does that mean, what real news are you talking about.
2) Why are you on the PS forums, it seems pretty obvious you don't like the PS brand.
Message 22 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2326 posts

Mar 21, 2007

Fullmetal Crusade wrote:

gargig wrote:
overpriced with crappy games is what happened

Lets compare games
Excite Truck- Crappy offroad game that is no fun, multiplayer is garbage
MotorStorm- Crappy single player game, but online is bad@ss, still not worth $60 though
Zelda- Big hit and system seller
Resistance- Big hit and system seller
Genji- Crappy action game that just looks pretty
Red Steel- REALLY bad game with REALLY bad graphics. Seriously, I've seen better looking PS1 games
Sonic- Crap
Sonic and the Secret Rings- Crap
I could go on, but you get my drift.
Oh and the way i see it. Wii is overpriced too, i mean GCN is only $100, yet they are charging $250 for the same system. I feel more ripped off from the wii than the PS3. At least i use the PS3/360 on a nightly basis

the gamecube did not have motion sensing/ acelerometer in the controller and it didn't had wifi and it cant play classic old style games and it cant go on the net and it cant tell you the weather and news.

do your research on everything, not just some games.
i sometimes go by gargig
Message 23 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Mar 21, 2007

Fenderson wrote:

wazoo11 wrote:
link

By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
Sony's new PlayStation 3 video game has gone from top dog to underdog in record time.
Despite the buildup and hype around its arrival in November, the PS3 has been outsold so far — at a rate of almost 2-to-1 — by the Nintendo Wii.

In February, the Wii was the top-selling console video game system with an estimated 335,000 sold, outpacing the Microsoft Xbox 360 (228,000) and the PS3 (127,000), according to The NPD Group.

The battle for the living room: Sony, Microsoft square off with online offerings

For Sony, that performance "is simply abysmal," says Newsweek's N'Gai Croal. "The PS3 is sucking wind right now. …. Price is a factor. Some of the negative buzz is a factor. Some of the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) is a factor. And the lack of a large number of triple-A software titles is a factor.

wow."

Nintendo's $250 Wii, released the same week as the PS3 ($500-$600), has sold about 1.9 million so far, compared with 1.1 million PS3s.

Message Edited by wazoo11 on 03-20-2007 09:57 PM

It has nothing to do with the fact that theres twice as many Wiis in production, right?

no. in january where I live there was shelves full of PS3s and no Wiis anywhere.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 24 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2326 posts

Mar 21, 2007

Fullmetal Crusade wrote:

KornDoog wrote:

2 questions
1) What does that mean, what real news are you talking about.
2) Why are you on the PS forums, it seems pretty obvious you don't like the PS brand.

people can hate the ps3 but like the ps2.
i sometimes go by gargig
Message 25 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Mar 21, 2007

Rynoboy wrote:
the PS3 still hasn't released in the UK yet so that is why

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/

almost all articles on that site show how badly the PS3 is already doing in UK.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 26 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42172 posts

Mar 21, 2007

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:

Rynoboy wrote:
the PS3 still hasn't released in the UK yet so that is why

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/

almost all articles on that site show how badly the PS3 is already doing in UK.

A anti-PS3 site

Message 27 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Mar 21, 2007
As fanboyish as this may sound, i HATE the wii. I bought one and feel so ripped off, but i feel i have some valid reasons
1) Zelda, i expected this to be better, and yet, it didn't WOW me like Gears or Resistance, and i LOVE Zelda. My manager gave it the perfect name "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarinca of Twilight Princess"
2) Shop Channel, While this is a cool feature, it's not something that amazes me. There are several games on it that have been on my PC/PSP/orignal system for years now.
3) Its not next gen, this is the most nerve racking thing about wii. Its not a NG system, its just a GCN with a new controller. The wii doesnt...play dvds,play in HD, have a HD, have any other multimedia functions,have online(and don't even say pokemon. I'm 19 years old, i don't play pokemon.)
These are things that you NEED in a next gen system, hell, 2 of the last gen systems had this stuff. Both PS2 and Xbox were online, XB had a HD to save music, both played DVD(again, somethin wii didn't do) and both had(albiet it not a lot) games in HD.
I don't understand how Sony can release a system with groundbreaking new Technology and everyone bashes them because it cost more, where as nintendo can basically do a rerelease with a new controller9which gets boring after an hour) and get all this praise. Honestly if i were a head at Sony I'd hold a press conference and just go "Hey Gaming community...WHAT THEY **bleep**"

Message Edited by bonnie on 03-20-2007 07:43 PM
Message 28 of 28 (14 Views)
0 Likes