Treasure Hunter
5985 posts

Re: Nintendo Direct's latest announcements

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

@vongruetz

For me, this is what caught my eye:

The messages target is to Nintendo Fans, not necessarily trying to convert non-Nintendo users over.

The CEO of Nitendo making a personal message talking about the positive and the negative. Stark difference from Sony's we won't confirm or deny anything at all. Nintendo comes across as more caring to it's users. Sony comes off as cold and out touch at times. 

There fixing the lag issues (Loading Apps / Returning back to the menu)

They've taking a highly rated Zelda game and giving it an HD Remake (something SquareEnix has failed at miserable at... FF7)

A top notching looking amazing new JRPG in HD. Which SquareEnix also failing. Square's come out in the past and mentioned how they can't do an open world movement next gen HD game, and Monolith may show them up.

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 29, 2013

i've played all the zelda games and w/out a doubt they were my favorite games. But the last good one was Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask... after the N64 series they went downhill... however the GBA & Ds kept producing awsome title Minish Cap. 

PS4 is still years away all this overhype is bringing back to the days of ppl telling me not to buy a gamecube because PS3 was gonna be coming out soon. They were obviously wrong... i've got a running bet that PS4 won't hit store shelves until atleast 2015. 

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jan 30, 2013

vongruetz wrote:

I wish that somebody could explain to me why this Nintendo Direct presentation was such a big deal.  I watched it, twice in fact, and aside from thinking that it may just be better if Nintendo got a native English speaker to do an English presentation, I didn't get anything out of it. 

So you're not impressed by Nintendo's latest offerings.  With good reason - hardly any money invested by Nintendo.  A few titles amounting to no more then $30 million total investment for Wii U.  With a budget like that - of course they will fail.  The HD remake cost $1 million maximum.  The Xenoblade series - no more then $3 million.  Mario and Zelda - no more then $3 million.  Very cheap games.  Gears of War 3 was a relatively cheap next-gen game - and cost Epic Games $10 million to make.  That's what Nintendo can not do - too cheap. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I think some of my favorite games cost less than $3Million to make.  

Is it so wrong to love GTA2? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (30 Views)
0 Likes