Jan 16 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Next gen at GDC - late March 2013

2 replies 75 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

Game Informer has reported that Microsoft and Sony will reveal their next generation consoles on about the time of GDC - the Game Developer's Conference, which takes place in late March 2013.  I'm surprised that Microsoft is doing that - I thought they would wait until 2014.  I guess they don't want to lose any market share whatsoever.  I'm also surprised that they were able to build a next-gen console so quickly.  I.e. rumours were that they would not launch one until late, until Playstation 4 rumours began a few months ago.  Then they put one together in basically no time at all.

Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Next gen at GDC - late March 2013

Jan 16, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Game Informer has reported that Microsoft and Sony will reveal their next generation consoles on about the time of GDC - the Game Developer's Conference, which takes place in late March 2013.  I'm surprised that Microsoft is doing that - I thought they would wait until 2014.  I guess they don't want to lose any market share whatsoever.  I'm also surprised that they were able to build a next-gen console so quickly.  I.e. rumours were that they would not launch one until late, until Playstation 4 rumours began a few months ago.  Then they put one together in basically no time at all.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is just as unlikely as your thought about the WiiU being built in only 7 months. Most likely the PS4 and X720 have been in development for the same amount of time...

Message 2 of 3 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
33663 posts

Re: Next gen at GDC - late March 2013

Jan 16, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is just as unlikely as your thought about the WiiU being built in only 7 months. Most likely the PS4 and X720 have been in development for the same amount of time...

seriously. rumors of new a new PS and Xbox being in development have been around the net for like 3 years now.

the only info/rumors thats been poping up of the past few months is about dev kits going out and leaked system specs.

Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)
0 Likes