Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: dragon_frost Hekseville Citizen 265 posts

Next Gen Dualshock Controller Design Changes

3 replies 129 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

I strongly feel these controller design changes below are necessary & important!

Extra space between analog sticks,face buttons & the broken arrow d-pad to avoid accidental collision of each other.

Mat finish controller casing,face buttons.front shoulder buttons & rear triggers for extra grip.

Slightly concave face buttons,analog sticks & front shoulder buttons with sega dreamcast like rear triggers.

Cost effective lightweight durable materials for comfort,cost & reliability.

Ergonomically rounded edges & depth for extra comfort & grip.

P.S.My personal experiences comes from personally owning several generations of different consoles with various 1st ,2nd & 3rd party controllers & acessories of all types,sizes,shapes etc. etc.. etc...!

From womb to tomb a gamer 4-life!!

Message 1 of 4 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Re: Next Gen Dualshock Controller Design Changes

Feb 1, 2013

Nah, Dualshock haven't made much differences to it's design visually since it's a good controller and what you are proposing involves lots of visual changes. PSone to PS2 evolution included analog sticks standard. PS2 to PS3 evolution included Sixaxis and trigger-like L2 and R2 buttons. So most if not all of your proposed changes can't happen over just 1 evolution change.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Feb 1, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a little dramatic, but I like it the way it is. My favorite remote of any platform.

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9672 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I hope the controller scheme isn't anything like wiiU or the 360's controller.

Maybe the DS needs to be put to rest but have a similar controller or a controller that can replicate how awesome the DS feels.

Also, don't do anything like the DS 3's R2/L2 buttons ever again. NEVER EVER AGAIN.
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes