I've just recently noticed that over the recent months there has been more indirect or direct trolling and just plain out spam type posts. I welcome new members but sometime it just gets ridiculous
Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
There are rules for this forums? Huh.....
07-17-2012 01:51 PM - edited 03-12-2013 03:39 PM
While you are in the PlayStation® Community Forums, there are a few things we ask you to refrain from.
- Troll, flame or be offensive: We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.
- Swear or post inappropriate, suggestive or graphic images, videos or external links. Keep it clean. We have a language filter that *bleeps* out swear words, It is also against the rules to deliberately misspell a word to evade the language filter - we will remove anything inappropriate including graphic content, language, and pornography.
- Violate anyone’s privacy or post your own identifying information. We take down any phone numbers, addresses and any other personally identifying information that is posted in public. This also includes posting PMs from other users/officials in the public forums.
- Spam. No advertising commercial products or services or solicitations (this includes petitions, asking others to vote on a poll, and advertising your own personal website or other forum). No making off-topic or redundant threads, no posting multiple times in a row with nothing new, and no:
- Bumping: making a new post solely to bring it up to the top of the thread listing and push down legitimate discussions.
- In Before the Lock: Posting “I.B.T.L” or something offensive just before we lock a thread doesn’t add to the discussion and isn’t welcome.
- Quote for Truth: (QFT) This applies when you quote someone you agree with, but also doesn’t contribute anything to the discussion. Try to add something relevant or add a “Kudos” to their post.
- Poll Threads: Polls can be a good way to jumpstart a constructive discussion, but poll threads that don’t encourage any kind of discussion will be edited, locked or deleted.
- Accuse others of cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. We refer to this as “blacklisting” or “naming and shaming”. If you think that someone is violating the Terms of Service or the Rules of Conduct in some way, report them through the games title itself (if you can) or through the Knowledge Center. Please refrain from reporting In-Game infractions in these forums.
- Create an alternate PSN ID to circumvent moderator activity. This includes taking advantage of any PlayStation® Community System.
- Prizes/Giveaways. You are always welcome to share your community building events and contests on this forum. Due to legal liability issues, if your contest or event involves prizes or giveaways, the following disclaimer must be included in your post exactly as written here: “Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.”
Here are a few guidelines for posting that we would like you to be made aware of in addition to the Rules of Conduct:
- One thread (to rule them all): Clubs, Clans and other organizations should have a single thread, which we recommend have a [Club] or [Clan] tag in the subject line. Updates can come via new posts or editing the OP of the thread. Please do not create new threads for club exclusive events (this means only club members are invited) – these belong in the club threads.
- Event Threads: Events which are not exclusive to a club/clan (all users welcome!) may have a separate thread created. Again, please restrict this to one event per thread. Recurring events should have existing threads updated, rather than new threads created for each occurrence.
- Posting Spoilers: Please place [SPOILER] in the subject line of your thread if you plan on discussing that might spoil anything for another user.
- Using all capitals: Online, typing in all caps is considered shouting and doing so tends to annoy others in the community.
- Run spell check: We don’t expect you to be perfect, but make sure people can understand you: run a spell check and make sure your grammar makes sense before you post.
- Use descriptive & interesting titles: Titles like “I need help!” don’t describe what you’re talking about. Making sure people know what you’re talking about just from reading the title will help you get the attention you are seeking.
- Check the forums for the topic you want to talk about before you post. Someone may have already answered your question or started the conversation.
- Tag posts with helpful keywords. Describe the topic, theme or category of a post with single words. It helps other people discover interesting posts and lets you bookmark or categorize posts you like. Of course, no inappropriate language, irrelevant or insulting tags are allowed. Also, please don’t use words like “of”, “and”, “it”, “is”, “I” and “the”.
In addition to the Rules of Conduct, the Playstation.com Forum Moderation Team may choose to implement additional forum policies at their discretion for day-to-day matters which are not explicitly covered in the Official Rules of Conduct. These policies are usually posted in the PlayStation.com Community Forums and are featured. All information contained within is considered Forum Policy unless otherwise specified in the Official Rules of Conduct or in the PlayStation.com Terms of Service. Posted Forum Policies may be enforced similar to how the Official Rules of Conduct are enforced and at the discretion of the PlayStation.com Moderating Team. Before participating in a forum, please read any applicable featured threads to become familiar with any additional posted Forums policies.
Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm PST