Last Guardian
12751 posts

Re: New iPod During Superbowl

Jan 25, 2007

aznsniper911 wrote:

Aowen wrote:

McLaren wrote:
seriously, Apple has everyone in their palms tho, every time u help Apple, ur putting the end to the iPodSmiley Very Happy (Monopoly)

70ish percent of the market isn't a monopoly.

Well you wouldn't know would you? If it's a monopoly the general public are usually the last one to know about it.

Really? 70 percent is a monopolySmiley Surprised? I'd think it'd be the high 80's.....
APPLE SPY
Message 60 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 25, 2007

aznsniper911 wrote:

wrote:

newfoundError wrote:
Surprisingly its only 16GB and not more than 80GB to beat the iPod Video.

Nobody said it was 16GB. That was just a photoshopped mockup. Releasing a 16GB flash player for $350 that is just as big as the 80GB iPod would be foolish.

The touchscreen might sway others to buy it though. I'm wondering if they are using flash memory or an actual hard drive for this one.

Well, they can get away with $250 for a flash player with only 8GB of space because it's so tiny. It's geared towards active users, people who like to run and be active, you know? But 16GB at $350 for something that is the size of the current iPod... that would be much more difficult to sell. Because 16GB for $350 is more expensive per gigabyte than the 80GB model.. and honestly, who is going to run and watch movies or music videos? A 16GB flash player is definitely something we'll see, maybe even by the end of this year. But It definitely won't be now. Because people who are interested in a portable video player in that price range will look at the 16GB iPod and then look at the 30+GB players that have big widescreens in the same price range and say "Wait a second.........." As much of an Apple fan as I am, I sure as hell wouldn't buy a 16GB flash player for $350.

The more likely scenario is an 80GB model for $400 and a 30/40GB model for $300, and they might even keep the current iPods at their current prices, just to have an iPod every $50 like in the past and to remain competitive with other players, like the Zune *laughs* and Creative's offerings.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 61 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Sweet Jimi Hendrix

'There must be some way out of here,' said the joker to the thief,
'There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen they drink my wine, plowman dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth.'

'No need to get excited,' the thief, he kindly spoke,
'There are many here among us who think that life is but a joke.

But you and I, we've been through that, and that is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.'

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.
Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

-
--

CNNBoy-Cancer stickless for 3 days
Message 62 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Jan 25, 2007

omg , i damn it , i just bought a 80 gig video ipod , i can believe their coming out wth a new one already , damn  i, though it would be a year before the new ipod came out
Message 63 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 25, 2007

reno county wrote:

omg , i damn it , i just bought a 80 gig video ipod , i can believe their coming out wth a new one already , damn  i, though it would be a year before the new ipod came out

Uh........... nobody said there was going to be a new iPod. This is all speculation.

Message 64 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 25, 2007

wrote:

reno county wrote:

Uh........... nobody said there was going to be a new iPod. This is all speculation.

Apple didSmiley Wink Stated 3 new 'Pods for 07Smiley Happy
APPLE SPY
Message 65 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8440 posts

Jan 25, 2007
That's no mock-up. That's an iPhone. Jeebus.
Message 66 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Aowen wrote:

wrote:

reno county wrote:

But there is absolutely no official word that the new iPod will be released in 2 weeks. History tells us the new iPod will be released at the end of summer. Hence the reason this is all speculation.

Message 67 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 25, 2007

wrote:

Aowen wrote:

wrote:

reno county wrote:

But there is absolutely no official word that the new iPod will be released in 2 weeks. History tells us the new iPod will be released at the end of summer. Hence the reason this is all speculation.

The beatles event is too small for a Super Bowl commerical.

I'm seriously guesing they are...
APPLE SPY
Message 68 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Aowen wrote:

wrote:

Aowen wrote:

wrote:

reno county wrote:

The beatles event is too small for a Super Bowl commerical.

I'm seriously guesing they are...

For all we know it could be the Mac and PC guy introducing OS 10.5. It'd be hilarious to see them during the Super Bowl I just hope the ad doesn't run during half-time, because I'm changing the channel during that ****

Message 69 of 88 (0 Views)
0 Likes