Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Re: New Wolverine movie

Mar 20, 2013

I liked the re-boot much more than the other SM. Kirsten Dunst was the biggest factor in me not really liking that, but really liking ASM. The newer one just seemed to work and didn't have much of an embarassing factor in it. Does that make sense? I like how it handled the similar parts of the story differently as well. All in all, a realism factor. Like the web he makes. That was nice. 

Message 31 of 48 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
42172 posts

Mar 20, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

pff, you liked the new Spider Man but ripped on me for liking Wolverine. Smiley Tongue

Universes and dimensions apart.  ASM wasn't tossing in people left and right that didn't fit just for the hell of it.  Gambit?  Emma Frost?  Cyclops?  The one thing I did like was the casting for Sabretooth.

Message 32 of 48 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Mar 20, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

BigBrotherKaz wrote:

So Electro is gonna be play by the dude who play Taking of Pelham 123 and Safe House? wow, but I though Electro was white

Smiley Indifferent  Jamie Foxx played in Django Unchained and Stealth.  The man you're thinking of is Denzel Washington.

Now THAT is embarrassing! Robot Embarassed 

Message 33 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Mar 20, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

pff, you liked the new Spider Man but ripped on me for liking Wolverine. Smiley Tongue

Universes and dimensions apart.  ASM wasn't tossing in people left and right that didn't fit just for the hell of it.  Gambit?  Emma Frost?  Cyclops?  The one thing I did like was the casting for Sabretooth.

it was like they took Spider-Man and geared it towards the Twilight audience.

and Giraffe Boy sucked at Spider-Man, worse that Toby.

but yeah.

Liev Schreiberas Savretooth > whoever played him in the X-Men movies.

Message 34 of 48 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 20, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

but yeah.

I don't see this whole spider manXtwilight thing. Sure the guy has the same hair but apart from that? I believe the movie follows the comic story more strictly (with the obvious plot changes). I never liked Toby's spiderman, it didn't had slang, he was just a dork being bullied by everyone, SM is not about that, Peter Parker is actually really cool, he just makes some bad decisions. 

Message 35 of 48 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10608 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

but yeah.

I don't see this whole spider manXtwilight thing. Sure the guy has the same hair but apart from that? I believe the movie follows the comic story more strictly (with the obvious plot changes). I never liked Toby's spiderman, it didn't had slang, he was just a dork being bullied by everyone, SM is not about that, Peter Parker is actually really cool, he just makes some bad decisions. 

I agree, the spider-man in the Amazing Spider man was closer to the comics. Toby`s spider-man never acted like spider-man, while the new one does. I did enjoy the original trilogy, but I find the Amazing Spider-man a whole lot better, it felt more like spider-man, how he acted and stuff, plus it looked better as well.

Message 36 of 48 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Mar 20, 2013

as i said before, im not a comic book fan so how close it is to the comics doesnt matter to me. Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 48 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10608 posts

Mar 20, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

as i said before, im not a comic book fan so how close it is to the comics doesnt matter to me. Smiley Tongue

That is true, are you a fan of the cartoons, because the way spider-man acts is also the same as the cartoons, and video games as well. I don`t read all the comics myself, I perfer this attitude on spider-man, plus I used to watch the spider-man cartoons as well.

Message 38 of 48 (81 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Mar 20, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

That is true, are you a fan of the cartoons, because the way spider-man acts is also the same as the cartoons, and video games as well. I don`t read all the comics myself, I perfer this attitude on spider-man, plus I used to watch the spider-man cartoons as well.

i havent seen a Spider-Man cartoon since the 90's. and i dont even remember those. Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 48 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I grew up in the 70's and 80's reading the black and white comics in the newspaper everyday, and the wonderful color spread on Sundays. Spiderman I know from then, ASM was much closer to that. I didn't read comic books though, and did watch cartoons from that era too. 

Message 40 of 48 (75 Views)
0 Likes