Mar 30 2007
By: BrandonCGS Last Guardian 12687 posts

New Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360) Information

18 replies 3 views Edited Mar 30, 2007
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2666

Enhanced Weather Simulation: “One of the slickest new features in PGR is its weather. Bizarre’s using what it likes to call ‘extreme weather’ for more than just making the sky gray. Water beads up on beautifully on all the gorgeous paintjobs, spray jets out from the tires, and in the in-car view, wipers move and windshields ice up.”
Enhanced Raceway Environments: “A TV-style intro sets up each event, with a commentator offering wisdom…Choppers buzz overhead, camera crews and video vans are everywhere, and hordes of fans line the track. They’ll wear gear with your logo, wave your national flag, and react far more obviously to your performance.”
Extended Car Selection: “PGR4 will deliver a much broader set of vehicles, ranging from a vintage’63 Corvette Sting Ray and the ’54 Maserati 250F to the sleek, ultra-modern Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.”
On the tracks: “You won’t want to miss out on your viewing time with PGR4’s tracks, which tally up to 200-plus in 10 locations.”
On Xbox Live initiatives: “PGR4’s cooking up a mysterious new matchmaking system (like Halo 2’s).”
On in-car view: ” Bizarre has two key improvements in the works.You’ll now see drivers moving more- feeding the wheel as they zip through turns or pumping their fist after a win. Special effects will also crank up the tension in key moments: you’ll get a shake effect at high speeds, and your vision will blur after spending some quality time with a a wall.”
In conclusion: “PGR4 feels hugely promising- like a proper sequel with loads of cool new toys.”

Smiley Surprised sounds extremely realistic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: New Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360) Information

Mar 30, 2007
PGR3 looked amazing I can't wait to see what PGR4 looks like.
Message 2 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4112 posts

Mar 30, 2007

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2666

Enhanced Weather Simulation: “One of the slickest new features in PGR is its weather. Bizarre’s using what it likes to call ‘extreme weather’ for more than just making the sky gray. Water beads up on beautifully on all the gorgeous paintjobs, spray jets out from the tires, and in the in-car view, wipers move and windshields ice up.”
Enhanced Raceway Environments: “A TV-style intro sets up each event, with a commentator offering wisdom…Choppers buzz overhead, camera crews and video vans are everywhere, and hordes of fans line the track. They’ll wear gear with your logo, wave your national flag, and react far more obviously to your performance.”
Extended Car Selection: “PGR4 will deliver a much broader set of vehicles, ranging from a vintage’63 Corvette Sting Ray and the ’54 Maserati 250F to the sleek, ultra-modern Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.”
On the tracks: “You won’t want to miss out on your viewing time with PGR4’s tracks, which tally up to 200-plus in 10 locations.”
On Xbox Live initiatives: “PGR4’s cooking up a mysterious new matchmaking system (like Halo 2’s).”
On in-car view: ” Bizarre has two key improvements in the works.You’ll now see drivers moving more- feeding the wheel as they zip through turns or pumping their fist after a win. Special effects will also crank up the tension in key moments: you’ll get a shake effect at high speeds, and your vision will blur after spending some quality time with a a wall.”
In conclusion: “PGR4 feels hugely promising- like a proper sequel with loads of cool new toys.”

Smiley Surprised sounds extremely realistic.

im a huge pgr fan (and so is my grandpa ), so this is good news for me.... and my grandpa
Message 3 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 30, 2007
PGR3 shots

Real

Ingame:

Message Edited by Exclusive4Me on 03-30-2007 12:10 AM
Message 4 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Exclusive4Me wrote:
PGR3 shots

Real

Ingame:

Message Edited by Exclusive4Me on 03-30-2007 12:10 AM

Smiley Surprised WOW. photo realistic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Yay! and What about Forza 2? Smiley Mad
-
--

CNNBoy-Cancer stickless for 3 days
Message 6 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4112 posts

Mar 30, 2007

Primo101 wrote:

Forza 2 doesnt look like its gonna be the best looking game of the year... but it definatly will be a great racing game.
Message 7 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Mar 30, 2007

calebs got a psp wrote:

Primo101 wrote:

Forza 2 doesnt look like its gonna be the best looking game of the year... but it definatly will be a great racing game.

Damn straight
-
--

CNNBoy-Cancer stickless for 3 days
Message 8 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Mar 30, 2007
PGR4 having a Halo 2 style matchmaking system makes me very happy. I love PGR , and I'm hoping PGR4 to be what PGR3 should've been. PGR3 was great , but lacking in some parts. Take a smooth 30fps , for example.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 9 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6249 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Wow that sounds cool! I should've bought PGR3 last year. I would buy it now but I need some money for some new gear (clothes).
Message 10 of 19 (3 Views)
0 Likes