Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: New Halo Coming Soon!

Oct 25, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I used to love playing Abes World Odyssey and Exoddus... 

The chanting and possessing was awesome... 

I see it on the PSN but havent gotten the funds on there to buy as yet.

Well Maxis created the Sims.  It was a so so developer, that got eaten by EA in 1997.  Its main claim to fame was the Sims and Sim city series.

Maxis had other titles like Marty and the Trouble with Cheese, and Spore which wasn't that bad.  Rome: Pathway to Power was a pretty good strategy game as well.

Another title from back in the PS1 days, that I wouldn't mind seeing a refresh on is Wild 9.

Wild 9 was developed by Shiny Entertainment.  It was pretty sweet.  You used a stasis like beam to grab enemies and bash them around until they exploded and yielded power orbs.  Kind of like Onimuisha (another great game).  The best part of Wild 9, is some levels had enormous gears that you could throw the enemies into and watch them get chewed up slowly.  This was always my preferred way to dispatch them.

I think in the new world of FPS, the classic details of side scrolling games is being lost.  I know everyone wants to play the best FPS like; Call of Duty, Battle Field, Assassins Creed, the new Dishonored, and Kill Zone.  Other third person shooters like: Deep Space,  Infamous, and Grand Theft Auto also get top billings.  I just think the artistic value put into side scrolling games bring back that old NES feel.

Does anyone know if Wild 9 would be or is out and available as a classic to play?  I think I still have the disc, come to think of it.  I might just put that baby in my system and play tonight.  I just wish it could get an HD upgrade to make it even better.

One of the most memorable things about the game was actually in the loading intro, for the sound developer.  It said Tommy Telarico Sound, in a crisp sound bite.  It was definitely a quality game.

Moble

Message 31 of 32 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: New Halo Coming Soon!

Oct 25, 2012

Yeah, Wild 9

Check this out here

Definitely underrated gem.  Anyone else ever have or still have this one.  It is great!

Moble

Message 32 of 32 (57 Views)
0 Likes