Mar 24 2007
By: Meph1sto~ Wastelander 877 posts

Networking help...

12 replies 2 views Edited Mar 24, 2007
Hello, this address is to the Network savvy people out there:

I use a Linksys BEFSR41 wired router and up until recently I could easily share files throuought my LAN via FTP, and the only change that i could notice was this picture in the bottom right corner:

when double clicking it... i get this:

the middle one is obviously the problem...

I have no idea what happened, and I know for a fact it isnt the computer because all of the computers have the same issue...

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2311 posts

Re: Networking help...

Mar 24, 2007
but does you internet still work?
Message 2 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 24, 2007

janamil wrote:

.... yes....
Message 3 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2311 posts

Mar 24, 2007

Meph1sto wrote:

janamil wrote:

.... yes....

well with my D-link i have the little image too, then i have one that says my signal strength and a few other things
its not like anything is wrong with it
Message 4 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Mar 24, 2007
Now you never said what the problem was, but I think you are indicating you are not able to transfer files to a persons network folder.

You have two LAN connections. The second was shows it disconnected because most likely there is nothing plugged into it. So you can go ahead and disable that adapter (right click> disable).

The adapter that is connected the router Local Area Connection (original) correct?

Make sure you have firewalls diabled on the PC. If all fails, re-setup the Network Setup Wizard.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 24, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Now you never said what the problem was, but I think you are indicating you are not able to transfer files to a persons network folder.

You have two LAN connections. The second was shows it disconnected because most likely there is nothing plugged into it. So you can go ahead and disable that adapter (right click> disable).

The adapter that is connected the router Local Area Connection (original) correct?

Make sure you have firewalls diabled on the PC. If all fails, re-setup the Network Setup Wizard.

appreciate the post... but there are no "physical errors" meaning, there was no error with the plugs and stuff I know for sure...

Also: There are no firewalls on my network at all... Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Meph1sto on 03-24-2007 12:05 PM
Message 6 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 24, 2007
Then does anyone know how to set up a FTP server on your LAN?
Message 7 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 24, 2007
I would also like to add that media sharing to my Xbox 360 does not work through Windows Media 11, Zune, Orb, or Tversity and I tried all of their troubleshooting tips... most likely it is a problem with my configuration... can anyone help?
Message 8 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6766 posts

Mar 24, 2007
well im not conected to any other computers but my computer says that when my dsl modem is off so im gonna say that your internet or modem must be off
Message 9 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 25, 2007

PlaySmartPlay wrote:
well im not conected to any other computers but my computer says that when my dsl modem is off so im gonna say that your internet or modem must be off

... wth...??? that was stupid... i already stated im using this computer... so obviously my internet is up....
Message 10 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes