Wastelander
877 posts

Re: Networking help...

Mar 28, 2007

Meph1sto wrote:
I would also like to add that media sharing to my Xbox 360 does not work through Windows Media 11, Zune, Orb, or Tversity and I tried all of their troubleshooting tips... most likely it is a problem with my configuration... can anyone help?

bump...
Message 11 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Mar 28, 2007

Meph1sto wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Now you never said what the problem was, but I think you are indicating you are not able to transfer files to a persons network folder.

You have two LAN connections. The second was shows it disconnected because most likely there is nothing plugged into it. So you can go ahead and disable that adapter (right click> disable).

The adapter that is connected the router Local Area Connection (original) correct?

Make sure you have firewalls diabled on the PC. If all fails, re-setup the Network Setup Wizard.

appreciate the post... but there are no "physical errors" meaning, there was no error with the plugs and stuff I know for sure...

Also: There are no firewalls on my network at all... Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Meph1sto on 03-24-2007 12:05 PM

According to that picture, you do have firewalls enabled. That lock icon means Windows Firewall is enabled.

I also don't ever recommend disabling all firewall software (because that defeats the purpose of the firewall). You should configure the computers for windows file sharing. Using FTP is a bit impractical anyway, because everyone then needs a server and client installed. If you can get Windows File Sharing to work, then you don't need any extra software.
Message 12 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
877 posts

Mar 28, 2007

coreno wrote:

Meph1sto wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Now you never said what the problem was, but I think you are indicating you are not able to transfer files to a persons network folder.

You have two LAN connections. The second was shows it disconnected because most likely there is nothing plugged into it. So you can go ahead and disable that adapter (right click> disable).

The adapter that is connected the router Local Area Connection (original) correct?

Make sure you have firewalls diabled on the PC. If all fails, re-setup the Network Setup Wizard.

appreciate the post... but there are no "physical errors" meaning, there was no error with the plugs and stuff I know for sure...

Also: There are no firewalls on my network at all... Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Meph1sto on 03-24-2007 12:05 PM

According to that picture, you do have firewalls enabled. That lock icon means Windows Firewall is enabled.

I also don't ever recommend disabling all firewall software (because that defeats the purpose of the firewall). You should configure the computers for windows file sharing. Using FTP is a bit impractical anyway, because everyone then needs a server and client installed. If you can get Windows File Sharing to work, then you don't need any extra software.

yeah but that doesnt touch my Xbox 360 media sharing issue...
Message 13 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes