Uncharted Territory
2037 posts

Re: Nervousness?

Nov 17, 2006

ThePitBull wrote:
The best solution to this is.. wait I have a few questions for you

1) Do you go out much?
2) Have contact with many different people?
3) In what environment were you raised?
4) Are your parents the same way?

The best thing to do is try to get out a lot more, and even if it seems weird try to start random conversations. Just do it even if it feels strange, the feeling will wear off and you will know what to do. Scientists say it COULD be hereditary but the environment definately has something to do with this.

This is not called nervousness, it's called shyness or timidity, and it should be overcome if it's intervening with your life. Just try to hang out with people more. And force yourself a bit.

1. Yes I go out alot. I havent recently. I have been doing XC and that occupys most of my time. But I go places and hang with friends.
2. Yes I have contact with many people
My parents are not nervous. When i mean I am nervous, is that I feel whatever I say will make me sound retarded.

Message Edited by aiman559 on 11-16-2006 07:04 PM

Need a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNeed a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.
Message 11 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4974 posts

Nov 17, 2006
I haven't figured out how win the battle with nerves yet and I'm 21. I'm nervous 80 percent of the day. Lol. I just give myself the old "quit being a punk b**** speech" and deal with it. It doesn't stop me from doing what needs to be done but the feeling sucks. I just zone out in some music when I can.
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Message 12 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12855 posts

Nov 17, 2006

aiman559 wrote:

ThePitBull wrote:

1) Do you go out much?

The best thing to do is try to get out a lot more, and even if it seems weird try to start random conversations. Just do it even if it feels strange, the feeling will wear off and you will know what to do. Scientists say it COULD be hereditary but the environment definately has something to do with this.

This is not called nervousness, it's called shyness or timidity, and it should be overcome if it's intervening with your life. Just try to hang out with people more. And force yourself a bit.

1. Yes I go out alot. I havent recently. I have been doing XC and that occupys most of my time. But I go places and hang with friends.
My parents are not nervous. When i mean I am nervous, is that I feel whatever I say will make me sound retarded.

Hm. Ironic. So if that isn't timidity, that is low self esteem and is also hard to overcome. You should try saying confident things to yourself, never think negative and look your best.
Message 13 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Nov 17, 2006
Well, the honest best way is trial and error, and changing your personality to that.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 14 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2037 posts

Nov 17, 2006

ThePitBull wrote:

aiman559 wrote:

ThePitBull wrote:

1) Do you go out much?

Hm. Ironic. So if that isn't timidity, that is low self esteem and is also hard to overcome. You should try saying confident things to yourself, never think negative and look your best.

Damn. I thought I had low self esteem, but I thought that how could I? Most of time i am just nervous. Sometime my self-esteem does feel low. Even though I have accomplished some things
  • Won a medal in XC at a national meet
  • Got an award for keeping the average in all my classes above a 90
  • Ran a 6 minute mile, that was a huge goal for me
  • Won VP of my class
The list goes on. The thing is, that never really keeps my esteem that high. A lot of times some other people can just say things that make me feel bad about what I have done. Even though I should be proud. Anyways, a lot of the time, these goals keep my self esteem high for about a day. Then I forget about these and move on.

Need a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNeed a BF2(PC) clan?? Click the sig.
Message 15 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12855 posts

Nov 17, 2006

aiman559 wrote:

ThePitBull wrote:

aiman559 wrote:

ThePitBull wrote:

1) Do you go out much?

Damn. I thought I had low self esteem, but I thought that how could I? Most of time i am just nervous. Sometime my self-esteem does feel low. Even though I have accomplished some things
  • Won a medal in XC at a national meet
  • Got an award for keeping the average in all my classes above a 90
  • Ran a 6 minute mile, that was a huge goal for me
  • Won VP of my class
The list goes on. The thing is, that never really keeps my esteem that high. A lot of times some other people can just say things that make me feel bad about what I have done. Even though I should be proud. Anyways, a lot of the time, these goals keep my self esteem high for about a day. Then I forget about these and move on.

Obviously you have low self esteem besides the fact that you did those acomplishments, because you said you feel you sound stupid and say something real quiet. I hope the best for you man Just do what I told you
Message 16 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2037 posts

Nov 17, 2006

ThePitBull wrote:

Obviously you have low self esteem besides the fact that you did those acomplishments, because you said you feel you sound stupid and say something real quiet. I hope the best for you man Just do what I told you

Thanks!

Message 17 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Nov 17, 2006
its not like you can hold your breath and throw salt over your shoulder and everything will fix itself...

stop being so scared to talk to people.....theres not much to say...
have confidence in yourself and itll be better
if you say something stupid...and ppl laugh...laugh with them...
dont act all dry.....
dont be nervous when someone calls on you...if you are in class and you are asked to answer a question....
a) if you know the answer - say it loud and proud
b) if you dont know the answer - say you dont know the answer....loud and proud....

these are very general things but they are the basics lol....
good luck

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 18 of 18 (0 Views)
0 Likes