Jan 10 2014
By: killahpiff Wastelander 727 posts

Need help deciding

22 replies 195 views Edited Jan 10, 2014
So i own a PS4 & just recently bought a Wii U and im not going to lie the Wii u had been fun well the Mario U game im playing has been fun because i play it with my GF but after we beat this game theres not really much left on the wii u that i will want to play besides vortual console games.

So since i am within my 14 day return period for a full refund i am debating if im going to keep it or switch the wii u for an xbox one ! Because titan fall is a game i am interested in its just a hard choice

i dont need anyone to make the choice for me just a little guidance and a few opinions to help me make a decision. Thanks !
Watch me use my control
twitch.tv/piffzone
youtube.com/piffzone
Message 1 of 23 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2183 posts

Re: Need help deciding

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

killahpiff wrote:
So i own a PS4 & just recently bought a Wii U and im not going to lie the Wii u had been fun well the Mario U game im playing has been fun because i play it with my GF but after we beat this game theres not really much left on the wii u that i will want to play besides vortual console games.

So since i am within my 14 day return period for a full refund i am debating if im going to keep it or switch the wii u for an xbox one ! Because titan fall is a game i am interested in its just a hard choice

i dont need anyone to make the choice for me just a little guidance and a few opinions to help me make a decision. Thanks !

As a PS4 owner, I think you should totally get out of the PS4 ring altogether.

Just stick with the Wii U. 

Don't hesitate. Wait! Maybe you should...
Message 2 of 23 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1617 posts

Jan 10, 2014
It just depends on your preferences. If you feel the Wii U lineup is lacking for your interests and the XB1's lineup interests you, get the XB1 instead.
Message 3 of 23 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3186 posts

Jan 10, 2014

I would keep the Wii U.

Nintendo has some great exclusives, and very few things come out on Xbox that aren't released on PS4 (granted you mentioned Titanfall, but then I'm personally not interested in that game even though I own an XB1 since I don't really like mech games). You have Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and other first-party Nintendo games coming up that will offer great local co-op opportunities for you and your girlfriend that will allow you to spend time bonding over games (which I think is nice).

Message 4 of 23 (177 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13734 posts

Jan 10, 2014

The Wii-U is more player friendly. In house players gathered around a screen. It has it's downfalls obviously.

But the good outweighs the bad. It's certainly better than the PS4 and XBOX One at this moment. Not sure I'll be able to say that next year, but right now it's worth keeping.

Message 5 of 23 (170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11359 posts

Jan 10, 2014

It all depends on where you see yourself with the platform as of now and in the year ahead. If you buy a system then make it count. Buying a platform for a single game is not a good idea. Whether it's Mario or Titanfall, you should come up with at least a few choices before making the jump onto the system you have your heart set on playing.

For some insight on the road ahead there are other gaming options out there for both the Xbox One and Wii U. From Nintendo's end we'll see such titles as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in February, where Donkey Kong and the crew go banana hoarding and mine cart hopping across the arctic jungles. Later in the year there's another Mario Kart and another Smash Bros. brawler for some different kinds of co-op fun at home. The potential of other popular Nintendo brands in the years ahead is very likely all the same, with a Zelda game specifically designed for the Wii U in mind being one of the current hopefuls for Nintendo fans. And of course there's always last Summer's Pikmin 3 packing in an interesting take on the colorfully strategic IP.

On Microsoft's side there's a range of games coming up. Besides the multiplayer-only Titanfall there's stuff like Quantum Break, with powers of time-based manipulation and shooting segments. There's Sunset Overdrive, another shooter with some over-the-top characters. And then there's always the potential to see more games churning from other popular shooter franchises like Halo and Gears of War. Current biggies such as Dead Rising 3 (with weapon customization and zombie-slaying) to Forza 5's racing simulation are out there right now for what is on the table at the present time.

Message 6 of 23 (167 Views)
Wastelander
727 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Its a tough choice indeed.

I do have the PS4 for most games that will be on both consoles.

Since i got the Wii u i have spent a lot of time playing Mario with my gf and i heard of that new zelda coming out next year.

Then xbox one has titan fall (mechs) who doesn't love mechs ! :robotmad:  Gears Of wars i was a huge fan of not sure when they are releasing another game..or if gears of wars will even continue. 

idk why its so tough to decide, which is why i like reading others thoughts on the topic lol it somewhat helps me look at things clearer .

Is that zombie game co op with same console on x1?

Watch me use my control
twitch.tv/piffzone
youtube.com/piffzone
Message 7 of 23 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jan 10, 2014

I'd say keep the WiiU. Nintendo has some classic titles that will just never appear on other systems - Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Punch-Out, etc, etc. 

Between the Xbone and the PS4 there is going to be a lot more overlap (read: multiplatform games) than with the PS4/WiiU. Yes the Xbone will have it's exclusives too - Forza, Rise, Titanfall but I find those games less compelling than Nintendo 1st party titles. That and they're launch games which are usually just so-so. 

No trying to discriminate against the Xbone either. I'm a multiplat owner... or have been the last two gen's. I'm undecided about doing the same this gen. 

Message 8 of 23 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Are Xbox one exclusives worth $500 just to be able to purchase the games?
You already have a next gen system, so you will have access to 95% of content (so to avoid fanboy bias, the same could be said if roles were reversed)

That is the question.

Is titanfall worth $560 (factoring in access to other Xbox exclusives?)
If yes....then go for it.

I know I will get one eventually, but the exclusives available now and near future, are not worth the $500 plus cost of games to me as I already have a next gen system.

In 2 years I will get one, and pickup titanfall (and all the other year one exclusives) from the 10-20 dollar bin. And build my multi console library from there. A Wii U may come in there too just because of the low cost of entry.

Op may, or may not agree, but it is a valid perspective to consider. But do what you want.

Message 9 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Personally, I would stick with both PS4 and Wii U. Both platforms have a great portfolio of exclusive IPs, but Microsoft has never offered me enough original IPs to justify buying any of the Xbox consoles.

I enjoy Killzone Shadow Fall, I want Knack and I can't wait for inFAMOUS Second Son, Watch_Dogs, Drive Club, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Metal Gear Solid V, Uncharted 4 and anything else coming from Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Studio Santa Monica, Studio Japan, etc.

I plan to get a Wii U soon for Super Mario 3D World, NSMBU, Zelda Wind Waker and I can't wait for Donkey Kong Country, Super Smash Bros. and the inevitable, and my personal favorite franchise, Metroid.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 10 of 23 (103 Views)
0 Likes