Welcoming Committee
5960 posts

Re: Need advice for a question my friend asked me ?

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2014

I think lack of communication is a major reasons why many friendships get side tracked. People don't read minds so it is required to talk of things that give you concerns.

Any relationship is about give and take and balance really is the key. When to much of one out weighs the other discord is usually the result.

It's easy to throw hands up and point fingers at one another for who is the most to blame. That just creates antagonistic feelings and solves nothing. It seems more productive to remember why the friendship was formed in the first place and getting back to those basics of the friendship.

I think civility is the one rule that should always be in effect. We don't always have to get along or even like someone but we should at least be civil and have mutual respect for one another. That of course can be harder with some than others.

Nothing worth the effort is usually easy to attain in life.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 21 of 25 (73 Views)
Last Guardian
9179 posts

May 16, 2014

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I think lack of communication is a major reasons why many friendships get side tracked. People don't read minds so it is required to talk of things that give you concerns.

Any relationship is about give and take and balance really is the key. When to much of one out weighs the other discord is usually the result.

It's easy to throw hands up and point fingers at one another for who is the most to blame. That just creates antagonistic feelings and solves nothing. It seems more productive to remember why the friendship was formed in the first place and getting back to those basics of the friendship.

I think civility is the one rule that should always be in effect. We don't always have to get along or even like someone but we should at least be civil and have mutual respect for one another. That of course can be harder with some than others.

Nothing worth the effort is usually easy to attain in life.Woman Happy

Thanks magic for your advice. It was very good. I talked to my friend today and her friend is sour grapes now. she is lashing out at my friend now. I told my friend not to respond. I think its best to just let this go. I hope they both leave on good terms.
Message 22 of 25 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

May 17, 2014
This "friend" isnt you by any chance?
Message 23 of 25 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3603 posts

May 17, 2014
I do not think it is Sweet. No one would cross Sweet.
I can here hurtful. I can be purple. I can be anything you like.
Message 24 of 25 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
512 posts

May 17, 2014
Ok...I think I know what's going on here. The critical person is friends with your friend yet she feels better and or above your friend. Like no matter what, this person has to be better in every way because she thinks she is more important or better than her. This thought is typically conceived early. So in turn it has developed and increased because of your friend's success. I wish I could say talk it out and just move on, but pointing out this fact can't do much good. In all honesty, I would stop hanging with the person. Or just stop taking her outbreaks literal.
beta mag photo: S.V.E.R. Beta Sig. sverbetatester.png
Message 25 of 25 (38 Views)
0 Likes