Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Re: Naughty Dog “ripped off” her likeness for The Last of Us?

Jun 25, 2013

I don't think Ellie looks like Ellen. I think she and Ashley Johnson definitely sound the same though, which is where people are picking up the comparison in my opinion.

Message 11 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Jun 25, 2013

johngie wrote:

userusb wrote:

johngie wrote:

userusb wrote:
I would like my face to be a part of one of the greatest games of the year or perhaps decade.

But it's not actually her face, she didn't give it any blessing, and she has her own videogame coming out.

Looks similar anyways.

Exactly. It's pretty much Ellen Page, but without her name attached to it.

Heck, I remember reading an article last year, just before E3, where there were reports that Quantic Dream had contacted ND and requested they tone back how much Ellie looked like Ellen, as Quantic was coming out with their own game starring the real Ellen Page

On a side-note, I am getting "excited" for Beyond Two Souls, it looks pretty good. I heard from an IGN e3 review the controls were kind of wonky but I'm hoping that there will be no "wonkiness" when the game comes out.

Message 12 of 16 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:

I don't think Ellie looks like Ellen. I think she and Ashley Johnson definitely sound the same though, which is where people are picking up the comparison in my opinion.

who and who? Ashley looks nothing like Ellie.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 13 of 16 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I didn't say otherwise
Message 14 of 16 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:
I didn't say otherwise

OOoooh, ok, I should have read your comment more carefully.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 15 of 16 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013
I do agree with your Original Post and also in going back and looking at the Last Of Us Art book and images also of Ashley it does look like Naughty dog did try to mold the Younger Ellie around how Ashley appeared when she was younger in real life.

Younger images of Ashley do look like Ellie , even the Artbook of the Last of Us proves that the many image incarnations had no bearing or even prove that Ellen Page was considered to be used as a base model.

And for the ones that have said it was deliberate on Naughty dogs part, For hell sake my daughter 7 years ago looks like Ellie and so do allot of young maturing teenage girls.

It doesn't prove wrong doing in anyway shape or form.

To close, read the original post by Ellen Page and you will see that this as well as the original question has been taken out of context completely.

But for allot of people that love controversy it's a nice way of filling up an evening. :-)

...Wanted to add that regardless of some of the confusion that we have read on the Internet, I think we all understand similarities in the representation of another are in the eye of the beholder, But the Last Of Us is one hell of a great Game!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes