Jan 08 2007
By: fearbe4 Last Guardian 11637 posts

NVM FIGURED IT OUT

5 replies 3 views Edited Jan 8, 2007
okk im doing a level 4 basic web mission on hackthissite.org and i have to save something as an html to get pass it using notepad but its not working. wat i want to do is change the source code so when i open up the file it comes up as a website but i cant do it. i keep saving it as the filename.html but its not working anyone knoe what im doing wrong?

Message Edited by animefreak111 on 01-08-2007 03:06 PM

Message Edited by animefreak111 on 01-08-2007 03:30 PM
Message 3 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Re: How Do I Save Something As An HTML Using Notepad (HACKTHISSITE.ORG)

Jan 8, 2007
Go to view page source, copy the source and then past it in a notepad file, save the file as .html
Message 1 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Jan 8, 2007
i know i did that but when i open it it doesnt open the webpage it just opens it back up in notepad i want it to open up as a new webpage?>

swattkidd wrote:
Go to view page source, copy the source and then past it in a notepad file, save the file as .html

Message 2 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Jan 8, 2007

animefreak111 wrote:
i know i did that but when i open it it doesnt open the webpage it just opens it back up in notepad i want it to open up as a new webpage?>

swattkidd wrote:

did you save as .html? if you did go to properties and open with Firefox or w/e browser your using..
Message 4 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8440 posts

Re: NVM FIGURED IT OUT

Jan 8, 2007
I helpedSmiley Happy Right?
Message 5 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Jan 8, 2007
yeah thats what was confusing me i wasnt trying to open it with the browser i thouht if i jsut opened it in notepad it would do it for me but then i figured it out...if u can tell im as noob at this stuff

swattkidd wrote:

animefreak111 wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

did you save as .html? if you did go to properties and open with Firefox or w/e browser your using..

Message 6 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes