Apr 11 2013
By: jon7351 First Son 8 posts

NUDITY ON A THEME

36 replies 1142 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

HERE IS A MESSAGE FOR THE CEO OF PLAYSTATION AND TO PARENTS WHO LET THERE CHILDREN USE PS3

2 YEARS AGO A CHILD MOLESTERS TRY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH MY SON ON A GAME ONLINE ON PLAYSTATION NETWORK I HAD TO CALL THE POLICE THEN THEY CALLED PLAYSTATION ANYWAY THE MAN WAS BAND FROM PLAYSATION NET WORK . AND NOW ANOTHER ISSUE HAS COME UP MY SON WAS 9 AT THE TIME ON THE LAST ISSUE NOW HE IS 11 HE CAME TO ME ABOUT A THEME ON PLAYSTATION STORE CALLED GIRLS THE NAME OF THE MODEL IS MEGHAN WILLIAMS IF U PLAY HER THEME U WILL SEE HER IN SOME WATER ON HER HAND AND KNEES WITH A WHITE TOP ON WITCH IS SEE THRU WHAT MY SON SAW WAS HER NIPPLE ON HERE RIGHT SIDE U CAN SEE IT CLEARLY I HAD SEEN IT  TWO. I  AM A  SINGLE DISABLED ABLE DAD RAISING TWO CHILDREN ON MY OWN. AND  I DON'T THINK THIS SHOULD BE ALOUD MY SON IS ONLY 11 AND NOW HE IS BEING EXPOSED TO A THEME THAT CLEARLY SHOWS HER NIPPLE ON HER RIGHT SIDE BREAST I DID TAKE A PHOTO OF THIS I WILL SEE IF I CAN POST IT SO U CAN SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT . I AM SUSPIRE THAT PLAYSTATION WOULD ALLOW THIS THEME WITH OUT BLOCKING IT WERE CHILDREN ARE NOT EXPOSED TO THIS IT IS VERY UN PROFESSIONAL AND THIS IS VERY UPSETTING FOR ME AND MY SON. I HOPE U AS  PARENTS WOULD AGREE THAT THIS SHOULD OF NOT HAPPEN PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING . I AM A CONCERN PARENT SO I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM THE CEO OF PLAYSTATION ON HIS THOUGHTS OF THIS MATTER SO PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW U ARE GOING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER . THANK U FOR TAKING UR TIME TO READ THIS AND TO ALL PARENT MAKE SURE U CHECK OUT ALL THEMES THAT PLAYSTATION ADD TO THERE STORE BEFORE UR CHILD SEE S IT ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM THE PARENTS ON THIS ISSUE AND WHAT UR THOUGHTS ARE

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (1,142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17762 posts

Re: NUDITY ON A THEME

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

There are several themes like this on the PlayStation Store. One does not need to purchase these themes and a parent should be making sure their children are not purchasing or looking at those themes.

I'd avoid posting the picture on this site, since it will most likely be taken down due to the nudity in it.

Also, posting in all-caps is generally disliked here, since it comes off as yelling. Your post would look and come off as a lot nicer and even-tempered if you edited it to use correct use of lower and upper case letters.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (1,138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Do your job as a parent and over see him on his PS3. Put it in a family room. This isn't anyone's fault but yours. There is all kinds of Maute content on all consoles.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (1,134 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10851 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Whatever your problem is, it probably sucks, but I couldn't be bothered to read your eye-scorching wall of white, ALL CAPS text.

Have a good one.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (1,122 Views)
Sackboy
486 posts

Apr 11, 2013

the ps3 has parental controls.   I use these for my kids.   You can block anything pretty much with them.   In order to use these you need to have an admin or master account with no restrictions.   Then make a sub account off from your master for your son.   After you do this you can then go to account management under the master account and set the parental controls for each individual sub account off from your master.   This can be a little confusing to check in the knowledge center for help.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (1,111 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46947 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

jon7351 wrote:

HERE IS A MESSAGE FOR THE CEO OF PLAYSTATION AND TO PARENTS WHO LET THERE CHILDREN USE PS3

2 YEARS AGO A CHILD MOLESTERS TRY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH MY SON ON A GAME ONLINE ON PLAYSTATION NETWORK I HAD TO CALL THE POLICE THEN THEY CALLED PLAYSTATION ANYWAY THE MAN WAS BAND FROM PLAYSATION NET WORK .

AND NOW ANOTHER ISSUE HAS COME UP MY SON WAS 9 AT THE TIME ON THE LAST ISSUE NOW HE IS 11 HE CAME TO ME ABOUT A THEME ON PLAYSTATION STORE CALLED GIRLS THE NAME OF THE MODEL IS MEGHAN WILLIAMS IF U PLAY HER THEME U WILL SEE HER IN SOME WATER ON HER HAND AND KNEES WITH A WHITE TOP ON WITCH IS SEE THRU WHAT MY SON SAW WAS HER NIPPLE ON HERE RIGHT SIDE U CAN SEE IT CLEARLY I HAD SEEN IT  TWO.

I  AM A  SINGLE DISABLED ABLE DAD RAISING TWO CHILDREN ON MY OWN. AND  I DON'T THINK THIS SHOULD BE ALOUD MY SON IS ONLY 11 AND NOW HE IS BEING EXPOSED TO A THEME THAT CLEARLY SHOWS HER NIPPLE ON HER RIGHT SIDE BREAST I DID TAKE A PHOTO OF THIS I WILL SEE IF I CAN POST IT SO U CAN SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT .

I AM SUSPIRE THAT PLAYSTATION WOULD ALLOW THIS THEME WITH OUT BLOCKING IT WERE CHILDREN ARE NOT EXPOSED TO THIS IT IS VERY UN PROFESSIONAL AND THIS IS VERY UPSETTING FOR ME AND MY SON. I HOPE U AS  PARENTS WOULD AGREE THAT THIS SHOULD OF NOT HAPPEN PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING . I AM A CONCERN PARENT SO I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM THE CEO OF PLAYSTATION ON HIS THOUGHTS OF THIS MATTER SO PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW U ARE GOING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER .

THANK U FOR TAKING UR TIME TO READ THIS AND TO ALL PARENT MAKE SURE U CHECK OUT ALL THEMES THAT PLAYSTATION ADD TO THERE STORE BEFORE UR CHILD SEE S IT ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM THE PARENTS ON THIS ISSUE AND WHAT UR THOUGHTS ARE

Hi Jon,

First I do NOT work for sony, I'm just here posting and trying to help people a lot so they invited me to join the MVP program.   I understand your concern about your child being exposed to images you do not wish your child to see.  

You could make a secondary account for your child and set it up with the parental restrictions.  I haven't done this myself but I'm pretty sure you can block him from accessing PSstore content such as that with the sub account.  

Also, if you want to talk to someone @ sony about your concern try this link   http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

I'll alert a member of the moderation staff here to your concern as well.  They are not responsible for the PSstore's content but maybe they can talk to someone who is on your behalf. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (1,109 Views)
Sackboy
486 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I find it funny that people in this thread find it helpful to tell this person its his fault or complain about his typing.   Just leave the thread if your not going to assist him don't come on here and bash his caps or his parenting.   Even with parental controls sony doesn't block some things from kids.   Its funny that censoreship is more prevalent on these forums from sony then it is on their console.     

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (1,104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5082 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I think it's time I changed the theme. If only the ps store wasn't so hard to navigate. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (1,098 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46947 posts

Apr 11, 2013

TX11 wrote:

the ps3 has parental controls.   I use these for my kids.   You can block anything pretty much with them.   In order to use these you need to have an admin or master account with no restrictions.   Then make a sub account off from your master for your son.   After you do this you can then go to account management under the master account and set the parental controls for each individual sub account off from your master.   This can be a little confusing to check in the knowledge center for help.

Excellent advice.  Thanks for helping out too TX11!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (1,097 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 11, 2013

first thing there is no other nudity on any other theme that im aware of  im sorry  for the caps i was only   wrighting  what i had to say witch playstation told me to do and this is my first time posting in here and i didnt know.  do u have children if not then u have no idea where im coming from and if u do then u would  write something when ur upset and  u dont care if caps are on or off but thank u for ur opion and im  not posting any photos at lease not here but the media will see them sence playstation is a family entertamement center plus i shouldnt have to block my son from playstation store because there is not spose to be any nudty at lease that is there policy

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes