PlayStation MVP
2050 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Jun 13, 2011

My power went out right before the end of the second half. I also missed the Giants game. Luckily, I had company unexpectedly arrive shortly after, so I was able to stave off boredom. Luckily it wasn't yet dark out when the power went out, because I was cutting chicken, and I like my fingers. Luckily, I remembered you can light a self-starting stove with a match, so I was able to cook up some mean bell pepper chicken. Luckily, when the power came back on, the TV showed a picture of Dirk looking quite happy and wearing a championship hat, so I got paid (also, I like Dirk).

Spoony Bard

Message 3051 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12299 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Lacarious wrote:

Cardinal is a hack machine... Ian had two nice shots with a ton of fouls.  I was hoping pshaw would make an entrance... and tell a Lakers fan peja is now an nba champ. 

The heat, not named Mario, lost the game.  It took a team to lose that game.  Mistakes all around... refs tried their best, not named bron, to tie the series but the heat team choked even on that.  Mavs were talking the right talk... each possession is key.  However, perhaps, the heat felt the same but the Mavs team d was too good.  One interesting comment is when jkidd said the heat would tire out because they over help on d.  The Mavs worked them on the pass.

In other words out coached.  I wonder if someone will ask spo if he would replace himself.

Oh... and don't jump on the thought of pushing blame to the coach... I.e. the heat team lost.

Blame the "big three" for this game and Lebron for the entire series because that is the reality. It doesnt matter how much they improve the bench those guys cant suck and expect to win it all.

Lebron though it would be easy and wanted a shortcut and thats why he celebrated in July, vs Boston, and in game 2 like they already won it all. Dont have to worry about any idiots comparing him to Jordan again so thats good.

Message 3052 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21708 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Edin99 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Edin99 wrote:

I would trade D. Wade. The dude is reckless and probably has like 2 years left Rofl... Trade Wade for Dwight Howard and bring front court presence. With Bosh, spacing would be excellent.

Lebron + Wade don't compliment really well. Both are dominant ball handlers. Lebron is better because he is a capable point guard.

James goes before Wade. I don't care what anyone says. Wade had a great series minus some individual flubs. James had a tragically horrific series minus...nothing, he had a tragically horrific series. Not that Miami gets rid of either unless they lose in each of the next five years, but Wade will never be traded from Miami.

Tyler Hansbrough, Danny Granger, Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert, Paul George

A pass first point guard and a center wins you rings. You could find a shooting guard that compliments James better. They need a shooting guard that plays well off the ball (like a Ray Allen). 

Lebron James runs the point better than anyone in the Heat and trading Wade for Howard would be great for James. James would be able to maximize Howard's ability to score and also continue to give Bosh open jumpshots. More complete of a team as well as better chemistry.

You miss the point, however. It's not about who is going to win you a championship or who is the better talent. From a basketball perspective, it makes sense because James has the tools to win you before Wade does. The difference is, as Mike pointed out, sometimes a player's worth to a team is more valuable than any Dwight Howards. Turn off the 2K filter and think about what Wade is to Miami. Revered players like Wade don't come around often. You should know that fans like snuggle would rather lose with Wade than win without Wade.

I was happier losing with Reggie than I would've been had he been traded and we won without him. I think the same would be said of rob. Getting redemption for Dirk, winning with Dirk, is the ultimate. Had the Mavs traded Dirk for Kobe or Dwight and won, it wouldn't have meant the same. Sometimes there are more to sports than the end results. Imagine for a second had the Heat traded Wade for Howard and they still lost. You don't think Heat fans would be wondering why they traded Wade?

Message 3053 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10930 posts

Jun 13, 2011

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Edin99 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Edin99 wrote:

I would trade D. Wade. The dude is reckless and probably has like 2 years left Rofl... Trade Wade for Dwight Howard and bring front court presence. With Bosh, spacing would be excellent.

Lebron + Wade don't compliment really well. Both are dominant ball handlers. Lebron is better because he is a capable point guard.

James goes before Wade. I don't care what anyone says. Wade had a great series minus some individual flubs. James had a tragically horrific series minus...nothing, he had a tragically horrific series. Not that Miami gets rid of either unless they lose in each of the next five years, but Wade will never be traded from Miami.

A pass first point guard and a center wins you rings. You could find a shooting guard that compliments James better. They need a shooting guard that plays well off the ball (like a Ray Allen). 

Lebron James runs the point better than anyone in the Heat and trading Wade for Howard would be great for James. James would be able to maximize Howard's ability to score and also continue to give Bosh open jumpshots. More complete of a team as well as better chemistry.

You miss the point, however. It's not about who is going to win you a championship or who is the better talent. From a basketball perspective, it makes sense because James has the tools to win you before Wade does. The difference is, as Mike pointed out, sometimes a player's worth to a team is more valuable than any Dwight Howards. Turn off the 2K filter and think about what Wade is to Miami. Revered players like Wade don't come around often. You should know that fans like snuggle would rather lose with Wade than win without Wade.

I was happier losing with Reggie than I would've been had he been traded and we won without him. I think the same would be said of rob. Getting redemption for Dirk, winning with Dirk, is the ultimate. Had the Mavs traded Dirk for Kobe or Dwight and won, it wouldn't have meant the same. Sometimes there are more to sports than the end results. Imagine for a second had the Heat traded Wade for Howard and they still lost. You don't think Heat fans would be wondering why they traded Wade?

agreed. then again... wade already "won" one, so i don't know if it would matter as much if they won another one without him.

Message 3054 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 13, 2011

The Heat would never trade Wade and after seeing the Heat lose to Dallas, I dont think Howard wants to get on that boat and ruin his image as the best Center in the league.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 3055 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19757 posts

Jun 13, 2011

GatorsDynasty wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

Cardinal is a hack machine... Ian had two nice shots with a ton of fouls.  I was hoping pshaw would make an entrance... and tell a Lakers fan peja is now an nba champ. 

The heat, not named Mario, lost the game.  It took a team to lose that game.  Mistakes all around... refs tried their best, not named bron, to tie the series but the heat team choked even on that.  Mavs were talking the right talk... each possession is key.  However, perhaps, the heat felt the same but the Mavs team d was too good.  One interesting comment is when jkidd said the heat would tire out because they over help on d.  The Mavs worked them on the pass.

In other words out coached.  I wonder if someone will ask spo if he would replace himself.

Oh... and don't jump on the thought of pushing blame to the coach... I.e. the heat team lost.

Blame the "big three" for this game and Lebron for the entire series because that is the reality. It doesnt matter how much they improve the bench those guys cant suck and expect to win it all.

Lebron though it would be easy and wanted a shortcut and thats why he celebrated in July, vs Boston, and in game 2 like they already won it all. Dont have to worry about any idiots comparing him to Jordan again so thats good.

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Message 3056 of 11,752 (79 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1174 posts

Jun 13, 2011

MikeGrim wrote:

Edin99 wrote:

That is such a broad statement.... Which I don't think is 100% accurate. The Mavs won because of their PF and bench, not Kidd and Chandler (though they were big). Lakers won because of their SG and PF, not Fisher and Bynum... When was the last time a true Center and a pass-first PG won a title together and were the key reasons the team won? Duncan is a PF, Kobe is a SG (going back to the Shaq era)... I mean...

Anyways, as GLS said, no way Wade goes before James. Yes, James is more of a PG and the better talent but Wade is the Miami Heat. Fans love him too much to let it go if they tried to make this James' team by shipping Wade. Will never happen.

PSN: TheGrimTruth

Wow... Did you not see what Kidd was doing? He was controlling the offense and created great plays in their respective sets. He was moving the ball, made the extra pass, and defended really well. He also kept reposting Dirk which i liked.

Dirk is a 7 footer with a legit post dude.  That's front court presence right there. And Chandler's rebounding was also significant in the series.... the impact was there.

The Lakers are an exception dude. In Phil Jackson's triangle offense, a point guard is not needed to run offense. If you know anything about the triangle, then you would know that everyone has a responsibility on the court. Every one on the court is constantly moving to certain spots. It's all about creating the open shot.

As for Wade being traded, while heart breaking, it's the necessary move. The dude is nearly 30 and heavily relies on athletic abilty to score. His style of play is reckless and ultimately will shorten his career.

Message 3057 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12299 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Lacarious wrote:

GatorsDynasty wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

You are so bitter. I love it.  Let me be the one to say what you couldnt wait to say.

I told you so.

Message 3058 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19757 posts

Jun 13, 2011

GatorsDynasty wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

GatorsDynasty wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

You are so bitter. I love it.  Let me be the one to say what you couldnt wait to say.

I told you so.

stop trying to force it... you kids crack me up.

Message 3059 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12299 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Lacarious wrote:

stop trying to force it... you kids crack me up.

Relax the regular season is right around the corner so Lebron will be great again. Those are the games that really matter anyway.

Message 3060 of 11,752 (79 Views)
0 Likes