Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2013
By: BigBrotherKaz Wastelander 562 posts

My weird feeling of love for video game girls

59 replies 325 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Have you ever in love with a video game character? I know I have, and it's not just one but seven. I was playing a game called Persona 4 Golden for the Vita, many of the oldies here may have played the PS2 version as well, but anyway, in that game there are some sort of Dating-Sim mechanic called Social Links, and there are 7 of those Social Links involved interaction with 7 of your female classmate, and you DO have an option to start a relationship with any of them, even have a relationship with all of them as well without even fear of other girl getting jealous.

So anyway, I'm a lady-man so of course I date all 7 of those girl and I have some best and wonderful moment with all of them, to the point that in my dream, I dream that they were real and I'm their boyfriend.

I have a wife and a child now but that is not the matter, I kept having those weird feeling about these 7 girls, it's seem that by playing the game, I have create a reality that they existed in my life and I have known them for a long time.

I love how Chie being tough, Rise is young and sweet, Yukkiko is graceful and charming, Ai is a fashionable girl, Yumi is caring and tender, Naoto is smart, Marie is weird but I still have fun around her. 

And that is not it, It seem my illusive life is leading me into delusion, I now think that these 7 girl are around me, not lying, i called my wife Rise for some reason and she started confused about it. I'm still a 21 year old young man, though.

What is wrong with me, what is this feeling of love, I feel they are near me all the time, I've replay the game 10 time, just to talk to them in game, what is wrong with this? Am I curse? I can't tell, but I can't stop playing just to talk to them.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 60 (325 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: My weird feeling of love for video game girls

Feb 10, 2013
.........I can't tell if you'e being serious or not.
Nuff Salad Hold the Ranch.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 60 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Feb 10, 2013
you maybe new to the forum, but I'm the most serious person here ever since last year, way before I forgot my old password, dang, those security question are hard to remember.....
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 60 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
3989 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Yeah he serious all the time, its funny at times to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 60 (303 Views)
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Actually I wouldn't say anything is "wrong" with you.  My theory is that if you talk to something as if it is there, push the idea into your mind that it is there, and put many, many hours into this; you'll begin feeling as if something is there.  Or even talk as if something is there, and then carry on the other side of the conversation; in time this will feel natural and you will not need to carry the other side.

So if you are being serious with this:

I feel that you've probably spent so much time with the game's characters; you've lead yourself into have actual feelings for them.

I highly doubt you need to play the video game to communicate with a character as you said.  So I would say this is really similar to tulpa phenomena.  You can look into it further; or if you have any questions I could try and field them.

If you aren't serious with this post; well then well played.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 60 (280 Views)
Last Guardian
13235 posts

Feb 10, 2013

OP reminds me of BlueOakleyz, an old member with girl problems lol. I smell lot's of bs in this thread. No one can be in love with video game girls and if they are then...............:smileyvery-happy:             :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 60 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5170 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

OP reminds me of BlueOakleyz, an old member with girl problems lol. I smell lot's of bs in this thread. No one can be in love with video game girls and if they are then...............:smileyvery-happy:             :smileyindifferent:

Yeah but it's normal to have a crush on a video game character. What? :smileyindifferent:

Kaz, I'm worried about you. Please don't go this far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsikPswAYUM

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 60 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

I used to think Chun Li from Street Fighter was awesome but never had a crush on her. She wasn't real. But, everytime I played Street Fighter, I would  always use her. People thought I was nuts but would always end up winning.

Need For Speed Carbon: Some very HOT people in that game. Nikki and Yumi. Very real people in real life and I thought both were hot. I would always use Yumi and Nikki to complete the game. Those are real people and having a crush on Nikki or Yumi would be okay. Just the character names.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 60 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32644 posts

Feb 10, 2013

The game designers do go out of their way to make the female characters uber smexay.  You're just reacting the way they want you to react.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 60 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Feb 10, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

The game designers do go out of their way to make the female characters uber smexay.  You're just reacting the way they want you to react.

"I now think that these 7 girl are around me, not lying........ I feel they are near me all the time, I've replay the game 10 time, just to talk to them in game,"

I don't think that is quite the goal.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 60 (238 Views)
0 Likes