Message 51 of 60 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32256 posts

Re: My weird feeling of love for video game girls

Feb 12, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

What?

Wow, and I thought I didn't get out much.  GO OUTSIDE!  All of you.  The World is waiting, stop waiting for the World to come to you.

hey, screw you! its scary and bright out there!

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 60 (139 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 12, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

What?

Wow, and I thought I didn't get out much.  GO OUTSIDE!  All of you.  The World is waiting, stop waiting for the World to come to you.

hey, screw you! its scary and bright out there!

:smileytongue:

:smileyvery-happy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 60 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 13, 2013
It could be alternate reality disorder.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 60 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5565 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

PaperEspionage wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Cute.

I can tell you don't know who I am. [I've become the one behind the mask]

Nice to see you back around these parks PaperEspionage :smileyhappy:

Haha if I knew you from before, I have no idea now. Can we still date, though?

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 60 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11435 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

What?

As for the OP.  Stop playing the game.  It is having a negative effect on you.  Love your wife, love your child, PLAY a game.  If you stop seeing the differences between life and fantasy, and cannot separate emotional attachment from a digital creation, then you should seek help.  No seriously, seek help beyond the Forum.  Professionally in fact.

This is not a dig on you, it is serious.  If you have emotional feelings for  characters in a game, then there is something emotionally awry about you, your real relationship, or something in your life.

Do what guys "do", and get on with the day, or have an affair with a real person, if that is what you are really looking for.  Stop beating around the bush and do it.  Remember though, real life has real repercussions.  

Perhaps it feels safe to fantasize about virtual girlfriends, because you think it will not endanger your marriage.  Should your wife find out about your virtual infatuations; I am sure you will find her just as disturbed, if not more, than if you were to go out and find a real woman to cheat on her with.

Get it out of your system and get on with LIFE.

Those seeking love and relationships, again, GO OUTSIDE.  I have always been a firm believer that you cannot find love, it will find you.  It will not, however, find you if you are sitting in your domicile hidden behind a computer or sitting on the couch playing PS3. 

Cartoons and video game characters are fictional, and NOT hot.  Hentai is just wrong, and I don't care how  "attractively" something is drawn.  It is not real; it does not love, feel, speak on its own or for itself, it does not hate, it does not react, it is NOT REAL.

I better not find anyone who sees anime and game characters as hot and thinks they are worthy of affection, in line at the local firearms store.  Definitely something for the screening process. 

Just my advice though, as always. 

Moble

Fair enough but fiction exists in all forms of entertainment. Do your thoughts on this matter cover the film, music, and literature industries? I would like your opinion on this. Unless you are watching a documentary or reading a biography then many characters in films and books (for example) are not real. When it comes to the music industry you have musicians and singers who act completely different on stage than they do off stage. The bottom line is that people try to bring the characters that they create to life in many ways. Of course these characters aren’t real (even if they have very real inspirations). They exist for entertainment purposes but if people aren’t bringing them to life through their voices, emotions, and actions (among other things) then there is always the chance that they are not actually entertaining their intended audiences.

Sweat, blood, and tears can go into the creation of some of these characters. Someone gives a character a voice, someone draws that character (if applicable), and someone captures motion (if applicable) for that character. Just because a character isn’t real that doesn’t mean that someone wasn’t trying to bring him or her to life or that his or her efforts were in vain. Characters can have very real emotions and very real responses to very real situations even if they are not real themselves. It ultimately depends on the piece of entertainment in question.

Characters probably won't respond to your crushes on them but voice actors and actresses might. XD

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 60 (92 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Feb 14, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

What?

As for the OP.  Stop playing the game.  It is having a negative effect on you.  Love your wife, love your child, PLAY a game.  If you stop seeing the differences between life and fantasy, and cannot separate emotional attachment from a digital creation, then you should seek help.  No seriously, seek help beyond the Forum.  Professionally in fact.

This is not a dig on you, it is serious.  If you have emotional feelings for  characters in a game, then there is something emotionally awry about you, your real relationship, or something in your life.

Do what guys "do", and get on with the day, or have an affair with a real person, if that is what you are really looking for.  Stop beating around the bush and do it.  Remember though, real life has real repercussions.  

Perhaps it feels safe to fantasize about virtual girlfriends, because you think it will not endanger your marriage.  Should your wife find out about your virtual infatuations; I am sure you will find her just as disturbed, if not more, than if you were to go out and find a real woman to cheat on her with.

Get it out of your system and get on with LIFE.

Those seeking love and relationships, again, GO OUTSIDE.  I have always been a firm believer that you cannot find love, it will find you.  It will not, however, find you if you are sitting in your domicile hidden behind a computer or sitting on the couch playing PS3. 

Cartoons and video game characters are fictional, and NOT hot.  Hentai is just wrong, and I don't care how  "attractively" something is drawn.  It is not real; it does not love, feel, speak on its own or for itself, it does not hate, it does not react, it is NOT REAL.

I better not find anyone who sees anime and game characters as hot and thinks they are worthy of affection, in line at the local firearms store.  Definitely something for the screening process. 

Just my advice though, as always. 

Moble

Fair enough but fiction exists in all forms of entertainment. Do your thoughts on this matter cover the film, music, and literature industries? I would like your opinion on this. Unless you are watching a documentary or reading a biography then many characters in films and books (for example) are not real. When it comes to the music industry you have musicians and singers who act completely different on stage than they do off stage. The bottom line is that people try to bring the characters that they create to life in many ways. Of course these characters aren’t real (even if they have very real inspirations). They exist for entertainment purposes but if people aren’t bringing them to life through their voices, emotions, and actions (among other things) then there is always the chance that they are not actually entertaining their intended audiences.

Sweat, blood, and tears can go into the creation of some of these characters. Someone gives a character a voice, someone draws that character (if applicable), and someone captures motion (if applicable) for that character. Just because a character isn’t real that doesn’t mean that someone wasn’t trying to bring him or her to life or that his or her efforts were in vain. Characters can have very real emotions and very real responses to very real situations even if they are not real themselves. It ultimately depends on the piece of entertainment in question.

Characters probably won't respond to your crushes on them but voice actors and actresses might. XD

Ah, but here is the greater point with reference to the OP.  I am not talking about artistic expression, plot lines, background character stories or even Emmy/Oscar nominated performances.

The OP seems to be "in love" with video game characters.  John Hinckley Jr. thought he was Robert De Niro's character in Taxi Driver.  He was "in Love" with Jodi Foster.  He suffered from erotomania.  It is a disorder, where the sufferer has a delusion where they believe another person, usually a stranger, high-status or famous person, is in love with him or her. In this case, it is a video game character.  

The illness often occurs during psychosis, especially in patients with schizophrenia, delusional disorder or bipolar mania.  So this "infatuation" may be an indicator that the OP might have larger issues growing, other than their apparent love for these characters.  

During an erotomanic episode, the patient believes that a "secret admirer" is declaring his or her affection to the sufferer, often by special glances, signals, telepathy, or in this case, pre programmed responses by the video game.

Hinckley tried to assassinate Reagan, based on his delusion.

My point was not to down play the effort that goes into artistic and entertaining creations, but rather to address the OP's apparent break from reality with regards to his infatuation with video game girls.

I think Scarlette Johansson is amazingly attractive.  I would go out with her in a second, despite the fact that she would probably have nothing to do with me.  

This being said, her performance in Lost in Translation was fantastic and emotional.  Oscar worthy even, but I did not fall madly in love with her, as she played a character.  I am not even in love with her as a person, but at least my infatuation is based in reality.  

She is HOT, and REAL.  She is also, NOT any of the characters she plays, she is herself, whom I do not even know.  Hence, it ends at infatuation, because there can be no real attachment and no real method for me to know or even love her.

So again, the greater point of my statements address the issue of the OP and not the entertainment industry of any kind.  Reality and fiction, most well adjusted people know the difference.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 60 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Black Widow is too real! She was in that movie! With the Hulk and Captain America (both also real). Just sayin' :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 60 (72 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Feb 14, 2013
She isn't Scarlett Johansson is. But I think she can't speak russian, beat the crap out of 10 guys, work for shield and conduct a series of horrible interrogations.
Falling in love with Black Widow is wrong in my opinion, you are having feelings towards something that doesn't exist.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 60 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 14, 2013

No. She is Real! She makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. The way she looks at me... there is nothing better.

For the record.... I was JOKING.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 60 (61 Views)
0 Likes