Nov 23 2006
By: thatonekid393 Ghost of Sparta 15867 posts

My keyboard's screwed up

4 replies 4 views Edited Nov 23, 2006
OK, I started having some problems with my keyboard a while back, and they're getting worse, so please help me!

I have a standard wireless HP Media Center keyboard (basically they added play/pause controls along with Previous, Next, Stop, and volume controls). Just now, the volume controls stopped working. I tried reconnecting it and restarting the PC, but it didn't do anything. I read somewhere that going into Control Panel>Keyboard would let me see everything I had to do with it. Until recently, there was a tab under Keyboard that said Buttons, but it's now gone for no apparent reason. This problem is annoying since I'm so used to controlling everything from my keyboard. Please help me!

If it's important, a month ago I went into that Buttons tab (when it still existed) and re-binded some buttons to open up Firefox, Windows Media Player, and my e-mail address. Could this have been the problem?
Message 1 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Re: My keyboard's screwed up

Nov 23, 2006

thatonekid393 wrote:
OK, I started having some problems with my keyboard a while back, and they're getting worse, so please help me!

I have a standard wireless HP Media Center keyboard (basically they added play/pause controls along with Previous, Next, Stop, and volume controls). Just now, the volume controls stopped working. I tried reconnecting it and restarting the PC, but it didn't do anything. I read somewhere that going into Control Panel>Keyboard would let me see everything I had to do with it. Until recently, there was a tab under Keyboard that said Buttons, but it's now gone for no apparent reason. This problem is annoying since I'm so used to controlling everything from my keyboard. Please help me!

If it's important, a month ago I went into that Buttons tab (when it still existed) and re-binded some buttons to open up Firefox, Windows Media Player, and my e-mail address. Could this have been the problem?

dunno wut i can do
Message 2 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Nov 23, 2006
Get a new one, they're not expensive.
Message 3 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Nov 23, 2006
If it's a software issue, go to HP's website, and there might be drivers or updates for it there.
Message 4 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Nov 23, 2006
OK, thanks I'll check it out
Message 5 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes