Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Re: My Rant's about PS4! What's Yours?

Mar 1, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

My major quip: EFFING SHARE OPTION! Who the EFF will use this retarded, garbage function?!

Answer: tweens.

NO gamer is going to use this function on a regualr basis, and i forsee it will be used once or twice to just to snag a trophy or two and thrown away with the rest of this "next gen" garbage ideas.

This system is just a slightly supped PS3. WOW new video card, more ram, slightly bigger processor.....EFFING NEXT GEN MY @$$.

Sony can suck it b/c with this heap of trash they've pretty much dug their own graves.

Note to Sony: KEEP SELLING YOUR OFFICES b/c that's the ONLY way you'll make money. EFFING MORONS

:/

Message 11 of 20 (149 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

My major quip: EFFING SHARE OPTION! Who the EFF will use this retarded, garbage function?!

Answer: tweens.

NO gamer is going to use this function on a regualr basis, and i forsee it will be used once or twice to just to snag a trophy or two and thrown away with the rest of this "next gen" garbage ideas.

This system is just a slightly supped PS3. WOW new video card, more ram, slightly bigger processor.....EFFING NEXT GEN MY @$$.

Sony can suck it b/c with this heap of trash they've pretty much dug their own graves.

Note to Sony: KEEP SELLING YOUR OFFICES b/c that's the ONLY way you'll make money. EFFING MORONS

i can see myself using it for s***s and giggles. like if i encounter a funny glitch or something so i can grab it and share with PSN friends.

but when it comes to the social media aspect of it with Twitter, Facebook and other junk... no.

Message 12 of 20 (146 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 1, 2013

honestly what could you expect from an upgrade it isnt going to spew holograms while levitating and shooting lasers ...atleast not yet lol but you have to think of it diferently they built this consel from the perspective of making it more comfortable for game developers to work with the hardware. what does this mean?

it means psn is going to hit with some awesome titles and ontope of it they designed the system to lean more on gameing comunity and comunication and not media intertainment like the ps3. in my openion this is a step up i don't know how many times i wanted to just press psn button and do a party chat or share my game footage online or curs out some noob because he wouldn't get out the corner and join the fight, but my headset wasn,t synced and i didn't want to back out. my point is they have fixed all of that. 

as for people saying they are switching to pc gaming in the past consel games were not optomised for pc like dark souls and skyrim they needed patches to get full 1080p hd. however sense the games were made for consel the system could upconvert the images and or render the sorce at the highest quality. for example i have forced my tv to display borderlands in 1080p when it normaly displays 720p.

last poin i will make is that it is true the ps4 is more like a befed up pc, but none of the parts are on the market and all parts are custome. also i checked newegg and found similar parts then did a price check BR x8 player 1.84TFLOPs radeon(could only find 2TFLOPS),x8 GIG GDDRAM, 8 core x86 AMD processor (there is no APU version)(x64 isnt needed this isnt windows)  1TB hd blue put that together and its cheaper to get the ps4 trust me or go try to build it your self and that is withought the motherboard prolly just pick a biostar or gigabyte. 

sorry for the long post and if this seemed like i was atacking i just though i would point out the potential i see.

Message 13 of 20 (141 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 1, 2013
i can agree with this i'm not a fan of the social media stuff. id rather talk in person. or on ingame chat.
Message 14 of 20 (140 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I'm nervous about the touchpad on the controller. I wonder how they are gonna force us to use it. I hope they can some how make it useful and its not forced into games too much like the sixaxis was early on. I think we've all learned from smartphones that touchscreens make for crappy games.

Message 15 of 20 (111 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

I am worried about the dash board interface.I want to have and be able to see my dynamic themes without them being covered up by useless crap.It should be easy to use and navigate.One of the many reasons I swithed from my junk box to PS3 is when they redesigned the junk box dash a couple of years ago.It was so horrible.It went from alright to a gigantic cluster BLEEP!!...It was clunky and slow.Ads Ads and more Ads.Took me 5 to 7 additional steps to get to something that used to take 3.It was soley focused on kinect and pushed ads to the front and games to the back.MS pretty much said f u to the core gamer in that dash along with other things I wont get into.

Also I want my Sony pulse headset to be able to work along with my third party controllers as well.

If they do that I will be happy

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 16 of 20 (109 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Who cares about the dashboard. Its easier to find ur way around a crappy dashboard than it is to have fun with crappy games that r overpriced and u can't buy used

Message 17 of 20 (96 Views)
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I'd love to see the option to install other OS again!

Message 18 of 20 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 5, 2013

If this topic has interested you,

Check Out

ANALYSIS: Sony gets its swagger back with PS4

Message 19 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I'm worried about the camera. More specifically how the camera is going to be worked into the game play and such. Is it going to be like the original Wii in which regardless of the game you are playing, you still use the camera to access menus and navigate?  Because of my personal setup (I use a projector), the Wii lightbar was a nightmare to setup and place because of location. All of my hardware sits to the side or back of me, the projector itself is ceiling mounted in front of my system by about 8 feet and the screen itself is another 15 feet in front of that.  I'd love a wireless camera with its own external power supply if the camera is indeed going to be integrated into the whole PS4 experience.

Message 20 of 20 (64 Views)