Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: HyperSMB First Son 21 posts

Music that gives you faith in humanity

17 replies 108 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

To put it very lightly, I think 95% of music I hear on common radio is trash.  With some very rare exceptions, music often is limited in appeal to me and I feel reflects many failings of culture for us as human beings.  However, there are songs which I feel have given me belief that human beings are not bereft of beneficial creativity.  I will share some and my reasons and am equally curious what falls into this category for you.

First: "Drops of Jupiter" - Train

Reason:  A premise revisited by thousands of songs, "Let's make a song about a woman I like", that is done with very interesting astronomical references.  This singing voice is solid and portrays emotion I think the singer may actually have/have had at one point.  Simply a very solid song.

Second: "Spirit of Radio" - Rush

Reason:  Disclaimer, I am a huge Rush fan, that being said, it is very rare to see a song take the idea of medium appreciation as far as Rush did in such a good way.  * Very proud they are FINALLY getting their rightful place in the Rock Hall of Fame.  This song makes me believe that the culture which appreciates true creativity and thoughtful understanding of music as a whole has yet to die.

Third: "The 9th" - Hatsune Miku

Reason:  Content.  I was upset when Pluto was demoted to a planetoid and was SHOCKED when this vocaloid song popped up on my recommended list as an homage and tribute to the 9th planet in our solar system.  One of the better Miku songs I have heard, I was glad to see people cared so much about what is essentially part of our (for those of a certain age) childhood in terms of education.

Regardless of what you think of my list or my pontificating, I would like to hear the thoughts of this community on what they think is music that gives you faith in humanities creativity.

BF3 Stats

Xbox Gamer since 2008, bought a PS3 2013.
Message 1 of 18 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Music that gives you faith in humanity

Apr 17, 2013
I don't know about the third, but aren't the other two a bit old? You should look at music now, if you want faith in humanity, tbh.

Five finger death punch gives me faith in humanity, Lamb of God, I do like Foster the People and Fun for some odd reason. But if I were to pick a 90's band...MGMT would have to be the closest band to FTP and Fun that I really like.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 18 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Any music that are not from Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj give me faith in humanity
Message 3 of 18 (105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Jack White.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 4 of 18 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@Kaz or Lil Wayne...Eminem gives me faith in humanity, because his lyrics are really deep unlike other rappers.(not all rapper, but most)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 18 (102 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Lil Wayne is a lyrical genius LOL
Message 6 of 18 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Are you joking or being serious? @Kaz

Message 7 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Of course I was joking, "Lil Wayne is a lyrical genius" is a meme on the internet, of course it's a joke
Message 8 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Just checking, because some people actually believe that. I was hoping your not one of them.

Message 9 of 18 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Nothing gives me faith in humanity.
Message 10 of 18 (91 Views)