Fender Bender
3954 posts

Re: Mr Bojangles

Dec 4, 2006

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Im confused. wrote:
Im not for sure, but this might be it .  I need to call my friend matt, because he plays and sings it on his guitar.

Theres thousands of versions of this song. It's been replayed over and over by many artists. The one I'm looking for, besides the actual song, has basically the artist talking about the real story of Mr Bojangles. And if I recall correctly, he doesn't even really sing the song. He more or less recites it. I'm scouring google, but I can't find it.

Perhaps Bob Dylan's version?
Message 11 of 13 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Dec 4, 2006

IloveDaisyDuke9123 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Im confused. wrote:
Im not for sure, but this might be it .  I need to call my friend matt, because he plays and sings it on his guitar.

Theres thousands of versions of this song. It's been replayed over and over by many artists. The one I'm looking for, besides the actual song, has basically the artist talking about the real story of Mr Bojangles. And if I recall correctly, he doesn't even really sing the song. He more or less recites it. I'm scouring google, but I can't find it.

Perhaps Bob Dylan's version?

No. Heard it, and it's not his. It's also not Rat Pack's, Sammy Davis Jr's, Jim Croce's, Jerry Jeff Walker's, Neil Diamond's, or Robbie William's. Why did so many people have to reperform this song?!

And I think I found it! Woot! I don't know whose it is though. I just looked up and down Frostwire for anything with a high size.

Message Edited by Str8 Jacket on 12-03-2006 05:27 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 12 of 13 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Dec 4, 2006
Finally! A year of searching, and I've found it. It's the version of Mr Bojangles performed live by David Bromberg.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 13 of 13 (3 Views)
0 Likes