Reply
Sep 17 2012
By: sparepart Hekseville Citizen 363 posts
Offline

More than one use for that rear-touch technology

7 replies 89 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

 I was just thinking how great it would be if sony would use the rear-touch technology on more devices, like say incorporating it into a tablet or smartphone.

Message 1 of 8 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/27/2009
Offline
2922 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 17, 2012

Why do you think it would be great if tablets/smartphones had a rear touch pad?

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 8 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/22/2012
Offline
1532 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 17, 2012
Loled, what? If rear touch was a good idea, Apple should be the first one to use them on their newer Iphone or Ipad, we are talking about Iphone 6 or Ipad 4 right?
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 3 of 8 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 17, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:
Loled, what? If rear touch was a good idea, Apple should be the first one to use them on their newer Iphone or Ipad, we are talking about Iphone 6 or Ipad 4 right?

Nope, they would wait until someone else does and innovate.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 4 of 8 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/22/2012
Offline
1532 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 18, 2012

darknovaxp wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:
Loled, what? If rear touch was a good idea, Apple should be the first one to use them on their newer Iphone or Ipad, we are talking about Iphone 6 or Ipad 4 right?

Nope, they would wait until someone else does and innovate.


Steve Job still making innovation in Heaven ?

 

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 5 of 8 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2609 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 18, 2012

Rear-Touch Pad for smart-phones and tablets? My biggest concern for that would be how would you hold it without touching it? With the Vita you hold it at it's sides so you wouldn't risk touching it but a tablet?

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 6 of 8 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/22/2009
Offline
642 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Sep 18, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:
Loled, what? If rear touch was a good idea, Apple should be the first one to use them on their newer Iphone or Ipad, we are talking about Iphone 6 or Ipad 4 right?

Nope, they would wait until someone else does and innovate.


Steve Job still making innovation in Heaven ?

 


What if I told you

 

That Steve Jobs wasn't the only employee at Apple?


________________________________________________________________

I'm So Happy, Cuz Today I Found My Friends, They're In My Head

-Lithium - Nirvana
Message 7 of 8 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/12/2009
Offline
363 posts
 

Re: More than one use for that rear-touch technology

Oct 6, 2012

 


Bulletpainpills wrote:

Rear-Touch Pad for smart-phones and tablets? My biggest concern for that would be how would you hold it without touching it? With the Vita you hold it at it's sides so you wouldn't risk touching it but a tablet?


    It only turns on where its programmed too. Good for writing on paper on the back of the tablet only to have it saved to the tablet. Or for Sony certified smart phones to use it in PS Mobile games. Or how about a camera that lets you pick a spot on the image to augment or zoom onto while taking it. I know some ideas might seem silly but IM sure if the tech was there for developers to use they would come up with ideas. Simple integration of sonys tech into more devices would help and tho not an instant mass migration to some of it, there may be alot more uses for it in the end making sony more money. How about a being able to control a remote camera using six-axis and rear touch pad on a smart phone?

Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes