Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Mods

Dec 1, 2006

multimediaman wrote:
seeing as how the mods are real live human beings behind a computer, and cannot automate themselves to peruse the boards 24/7 looking for threads to delete... and wouldn't even do that if they did have the time, why not use the "Report Abuse to Moderator" button if you see something you feel violates the community rules.

LOL thats a laugh. They would probably ban me from the boards. A mod who will remain unnamed delete my thread because  I asked him why doesn't he tell everyone who posts links to stuff for sale for PSP no to advertise. I came to the PC this morning low and behold it was deleted. Imagine that.
billyc407
Message 11 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Billyc407 wrote:

NavS. wrote:
Here, take it this way, if you're benefiting from it, it's not allowed.

So will the company if you post a link to them. So another words your saying no posting of links to good deals etc.

No, if you're saying hey look buy my **bleep**, wether it be discretly or direct, it's not allowed, I can post all I want on that amazon $100 xbox deally.
Message 12 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Billyc407 wrote:

multimediaman wrote:
seeing as how the mods are real live human beings behind a computer, and cannot automate themselves to peruse the boards 24/7 looking for threads to delete... and wouldn't even do that if they did have the time, why not use the "Report Abuse to Moderator" button if you see something you feel violates the community rules.

LOL thats a laugh. They would probably ban me from the boards. A mod who will remain unnamed delete my thread because  I asked him why doesn't he tell everyone who posts links to stuff for sale for PSP no to advertise. I came to the PC this morning low and behold it was deleted. Imagine that.

You don't understand this. These boards have been operating for probably half of your lifetime. You can't tell a mod what's wrong and what's right. They hold ultimate power over these boards. They don't have to abide by the rules they set on us. They choose what's wrong and what's right. Posting links to good deals, not wrong. We don't care what you say.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 13 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Str8 Jacket wrote:

You don't understand this. These boards have been operating for probably half of your lifetime. You can't tell a mod what's wrong and what's right. They hold ultimate power over these boards. They don't have to abide by the rules they set on us. They choose what's wrong and what's right. Posting links to good deals, not wrong. We don't care what you say.

Ok don't assume, just makes you look bad. What do you think I'm like 10 or something? I also do know the mods can do whatever they want, but that just seems to be BS.
billyc407
Message 14 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I havnt posted here in months (btw nice new look!) but i think if the content is innapropriate for the common age group that posts here (we have 12-13 year olds dont we?) and maybe the younger guys don't mind the explict content, but I believe that once you start letting explict subjects get psoted the forum starts to fall apart. Sometime the mods gotta make their best judgement and yeah sometimes theylll make a bad judgement and sometimes some will abuse the privelage, but  as my best friend once said "the meaning of life is shut the f--k up and live it" lol so im not gonna complain, i have more things to worry aobut.
Message 15 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15503 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Billyc407 wrote:

Str8 Jacket wrote:

Ok don't assume, just makes you look bad. What do you think I'm like 10 or something? I also do know the mods can do whatever they want, but that just seems to be BS.

It's an expression. Made to show how minisicule you are. How is it bull? How does it in any way effect you?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 16 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Dec 1, 2006
Well, first, we can't do whatever we want. Well, we COULD, but it wouldn't last long. PSX_Cheatster oversees that we stay in-line. If you have a problem or comment on a moderator or his/her actions, feel free to contact him.

Secondly, advertising or soliciting anything for any personal gain, in any way is not allowed.

Finally, We're all humans, and we make mistakes sometimes, so just be calm about it, and we'll be happy to help
Message 17 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes