Message 42 of 74 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16718 posts

Re: Mod for a Day

Sep 15, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

There should also be guidelines for eligibility to win a moderator for a day status:

I believe these were the guidelines that users needed to meet in the past just to become eligible to become a moderator.

Users must have been posting on these forums for at least one year

Other Message board experience prior to joining recommended

Users must be in good standing with forum staff

Previously been banned makes users ineligible

These four guidelines may be the only way to prevent moderator for a day power abuse.

wow thats a big one right there

I like the idea but not an arbitrary previously banned ineligibility. Maybe you're ineligible if you've been banned in the past month. That way even people who have been banned before have a chance to be eligible. Maybe it would even motivate some to clean up their acts. As for some being to immature to handle this that's kinda the point.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 74 (89 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29250 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

There should also be guidelines for eligibility to win a moderator for a day status:

I believe these were the guidelines that users needed to meet in the past just to become eligible to become a moderator.

Users must have been posting on these forums for at least one year

Other Message board experience prior to joining recommended

Users must be in good standing with forum staff

Previously been banned makes users ineligible

These four guidelines may be the only way to prevent moderator for a day power abuse.

wow thats a big one right there

I like the idea but not an arbitrary previously banned ineligibility. Maybe you're ineligible if you've been banned in the past month. That way even people who have been banned before have a chance to be eligible. Maybe it would even motivate some to clean up their acts. As for some being to immature to handle this that's kinda the point.

o thats better lol :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 74 (87 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16718 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Well sure. The purpose of any contest isn't to exclude people but to include everyone. Of course there are always rules to follow for eligibility.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 74 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

You should never underestimate the damage that someone can do to a forum in 24 hours with the necessary forum permissions (e.g., moderator permissions). I don’t suspect that SCEA would want to create unnecessary work for their staff just so that some forum members can have some fun here abusing their temporary permissions. In other words, the potential for abuse is way too great with this contest idea. Most people need some sort of training or some guidance in order to become effective and/or efficient moderators. The winners of these contests would essentially have little-to-no incentive for taking their temporary roles as moderators seriously and that would be a little bit disconcerting (to say the least).

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 74 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16718 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Purely hypothetical Sweet. I don't think anyone (pun unintended) has any illusions about this happening. But it would be interesting to say the least.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 74 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16718 posts

Sep 15, 2013

That last "to say the least" part of my post may have sounded snarky. That wasn't the intent. I didn't notice the same phrase in yours at first Sweet. Was that part of your edit?

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3809 posts

Sep 15, 2013

You either die a moderator, or live long enough to become a troll.

KZMProductionsGT
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 74 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

That last "to say the least" part of my post may have sounded snarky. That wasn't the intent. I didn't notice the same phrase in yours at first Sweet. Was that part of your edit?

Your comment didn't sound snarky to me personally. I edited my post to remove your quote and a couple of other things that I didn’t feel were necessary after having posted them (I don't think I added much). I don’t consider comments like "to say the least" to be snarky (but that's just me). =P

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 74 (48 Views)
0 Likes