Big Daddy
19026 posts

Re: Mod for a Day

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

that would be bad for the community poeple would definatly stir up trouble one way or another

Possibly or it could be a learning experience for them.

How would it be a learning experience?

Smiley LOL

After banning their enemies for no reason then having their enemies banning them in retaliation and so on a fewe times maybe they'd finally see the futility of it all and stop it?

Nah, you're right we've seen people get time outs for their attacks and come back and go right back into attack mode.

At least this has been an interesting and respectful discussion so far. A welcome change to OT......

In a lot of ways, moderators are community judges who can determine who is guilty or innocent. The question is, would you want an inexperienced judge to determine the course of your life. I certainly would not want to deal with an inexperienced judge just for getting a simple traffic ticket squared away.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 21 of 74 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Sep 15, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

In a lot of ways, moderators are community judges who can determine who is guilty or innocent. The question is, would you want an inexperienced judge to determine the course of your life. I certainly would not want to deal with an inexperienced judge just for getting a simple traffic ticket squared away.

That's a bit of a stretch. Their actions would only be applicable for one day. So yes. I'd be willing to take that risk. The worst they could do is give me a day off from the forums. It's not the end of the world. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 74 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

That's a bit of a stretch. Their actions would only be applicable for one day. So yes. I'd be willing to take that risk. The worst they could do is give me a day off from the forums. It's not the end of the world. Smiley Wink

Okay.

You get a day off.

You get back.

They ban you again.

You get back.

They ban you again.

YOUR LIFE IS OVER!

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 23 of 74 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37006 posts

Sep 15, 2013

people would still get frustrated about a one day ban if they got it for no reaosn

Message 24 of 74 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Sep 15, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

people would still get frustrated about a one day ban if they got it for no reaosn

Nicely put hitman.

It is one thing getting banned for something you have done, but getting banned for nothing. That would get old FAST.

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 25 of 74 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19026 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

If anything, if this were to heppen, these one day mods would have to have limited powers. Permabanning users without reason is certainly not acceptable by any means and can be an unfair judgement. Banning should be left to the moderators who know what they are doing. Same goes for editing threads.

The best scenario for a mod for a day is simply to lock threads that seem to have run their course over off topic talking in a certain thread on a topic not related to the off topic talking, flaming, and putting down other users, etc.

Message 26 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

If anything, if this were to heppen, these one day mods would have to have limited powers. Permabanning users without reason is certainly not acceptable by any means and can be an unfair judgement. Banning should be left to the moderators who know what they are doing. Same goes for editing threads.

The best scenario for a mod for a day is simply to lock threads that seem to have run their course over off topic talking in a certain thread on a topic not related to the off topic talking, flaming, and putting down other users, etc.

No.

They should not even have the power to lock threads.

Can you imagine....

Somebody locking all the event threads!?!?!

The only power that should be given is the power to recommend something to happen immediately. They should not be able to do anything.

FiveFourteen
Message 27 of 74 (52 Views)
MVP Support
24785 posts

Sep 15, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

Okay.

You get a day off.

You get back.

They ban you again.

You get back.

They ban you again.

YOUR LIFE IS OVER!

No. There would be a Mod for a day winner once a week not every day of the week. The absolute worst they could do is make me take every say....Monday off. I still have Tuesday thru Sunday. Still not the end of the world. Some peole posting here have already suffered time outs. It obviously wasn't that life altering because they came back and fell right into the same routines.

Message 28 of 74 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Sep 15, 2013
I'd rage if I got banned for no reason.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 29 of 74 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19026 posts

Sep 15, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

No.

They should not even have the power to lock threads.

Can you imagine....

Somebody locking all the event threads!?!?!

The only power that should be given is the power to recommend something to happen immediately. They should not be able to do anything.

You hit the nail on the head right there.

Message 30 of 74 (46 Views)
0 Likes